SAU Community

Oxidation

Hey guys, just trying to sort out the little things that annoy me and my main one is oxidation on the windows that give it a bubbly look. Its only on the surface and just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how'd they fix it. Just need to know if it has to be done professionally or is there some sort of abrasive cleaner that will clean it off.

Much appreciated if anyone has any ideas.

Haha yeh have tried that but didn't work unfortunately. Also tried cleaners like windex but that doesn't work either, might have to have hit and miss with other cleaners. I'll try and take photos of what it looks like but don't think it'll show up too well. Its just one of those annoying things u could live with but because I want everything perfect on this car it is annoying me knowing that its there.

I'd be careful with cutting compounds cause it may scratch the glass. You can get different grade clay bars and as long as you use enough lubrications (soapy water) you should be fine.

Hi Mark,

If you are refering to those water marks then I have the same issue on both my 35s. Pisses me off to no end! Most visible under bright sunlight. I've tried a few different polishes, turps, metho etc...nothing has worked so far. Someone on the forum has recommended Meguiars Diamond Cut. Haven't got around buying it yet to try. If you find a solution let me know.

Cheers.

Back on subject, I would suggest that you get the opinion from a Car Windscreen installer, there are some lightly abrahesive 'chemical based cleaners out there and they can buff the window too...

That should lift most blemishes.

Edited by Stephen Thorpe

Hey guys, just trying to sort out the little things that annoy me and my main one is oxidation on the windows that give it a bubbly look. Its only on the surface and just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how'd they fix it. Just need to know if it has to be done professionally or is there some sort of abrasive cleaner that will clean it off.

Much appreciated if anyone has any ideas.

Try AutoGlym Car Glass Polish

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/...ar_glass_polish

I used it on my Lexus IS250 windows when I saw it had like dried water droplets etched on the windows... worked wonders.

Just tried the Autoglym car glass polish with no luck. Looks as tho it may have to get done professionally.

LOL! I tried Autoglym as well bout 1/2 an hr ago...no dice :ermm: All it did was made my glass really smooth...damn water spots still there...

like i said the marks r probably caused by acid rain, which has "dissolved" a really really thin surface layer of the glass... the only way I heard to remove this is using a steel wool to lightly polish the glass, so u can "even" out the layers. Again, i've never seen this done in real life, and personally I dont think steel wool + glass is a good combination.

like i said the marks r probably caused by acid rain, which has "dissolved" a really really thin surface layer of the glass... the only way I heard to remove this is using a steel wool to lightly polish the glass, so u can "even" out the layers. Again, i've never seen this done in real life, and personally I dont think steel wool + glass is a good combination.

Glass can be polished but not like that... Steel Wool is a big no no in my opinion.

See a professional.

• 3 weeks later...