SAU Community

Weird Noise

hey i was wondering if the v35 coupes have quite a loudish induction sound with the standard airbox and panel filter.

mine tends to had a weird sound which kind of sounds kind of like air being sucked in a turbo car without the whine. this heppend at its loudest at around 2100rpm, if i have my stereo on i dont really notice it but with it off and the windows down i can hear it..

this does not happen when the cars in nutral only while im accerating in drive or a gear..

so i was wondering if this was normal and im just paranoid, or somthing more sinister.

i've checked around my air filter and piping can cant seem to find anything wrong..

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

kari

Mine sounds like a mini V8 when you give it a bit of a push... (Vrdrdrdrdrdrd) not sure if that is what you mean... my old FTO used to make a nice noise when I fitted a K&N pod filter...

But neither make anything like a turbo sound...

Agree, sounds more like a V8 pulse...

Maybe from the twin exist exhaust configuration that made that sound, or just happen to be all V configuration engine tend to make that kind of noise...

hey i was wondering if the v35 coupes have quite a loudish induction sound with the standard airbox and panel filter.

mine tends to had a weird sound which kind of sounds kind of like air being sucked in a turbo car without the whine. this heppend at its loudest at around 2100rpm, if i have my stereo on i dont really notice it but with it off and the windows down i can hear it..

this does not happen when the cars in nutral only while im accerating in drive or a gear..

so i was wondering if this was normal and im just paranoid, or somthing more sinister.

i've checked around my air filter and piping can cant seem to find anything wrong..

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

kari

mine has a slight noise like you describe that i can hear. but i also hear the lumpy sounds the others refer to.

Go pretend to want to buy one and take more for a test drive if you are scared. I'm sure its normal though. you'll soon find out.

Pretty sure it's gearbox whine. I can hear it on mine too, and i like it :) . You can hear it most prominently when you ease into 2nd gear at lowish speeds, can hear the gearbox whining as it turns to match the engine's rpm speed.

Shadowknyght,

I used to have an fto too haha. Yes mivec really was something when it had an intake on it.