SAU Community

R34 Gtr Vs V8 Supercar

R34P3R

Didn't mark and russ's gtr do a 2:14 around bathurst? that's about 7 seconds off the outright lap record, which i think pretty much sums it up. They probably have a few seconds left in their car, and for a bunch of guys who aren't a fully funded race team they've done a bloody awesome job, but a racecar built from the ground up is always going to be faster than a modified street car. No shame in that in my opinion. you can't drive a v8 supercar on the street, to work, or park it in your garage.

Edited by sneakey pete

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off to Melbourne on Thursday as we have brought a DJR Falcon V8 Supercar, DJR BF14. We can have a Shootout if anyone wants.

I prefer my GTRs etc but this is Thread is GTR R34 V V8 SC and for now the V8 would win by a huge margin, If Australian Touring car rules still included the rest of the World and R34s race it would be a different story.

• 1 month later...
Besides, I am yet to see any GTR get close to 298kph down conrod... :)

Actually I believe the Gibson Motorsport R32 GTR did 299kph down conrod during an august 1991 test day.

They also did 2:13.82 lap during 1992 bathurst with boost restricted and weight penalties required by CAMS to slow them down.

Given 18 years development and better quality of slicks used today I think a race prepped R34 GTR would smash a V8 Supercar. Of course it cant comply with the same rules the v8's have to so it will always be hard to do a fair comparison.

fox sports on foxtel

gt1 world racing r35 gtr sunpower car blew away

corvette

masarati

ford gt

aston martin

lambo

Sumopower. :)

And those cars share practically nothing in common with a road going R35. Would still love to see how their times compare to a V8 super taxi!