SAU Community

M35 Stalling

Hsusy (OP513)

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, update time.

The car continued to stall under hard braking in 2nd & 1st gears.

When I had the car serviced last week they said the idle was a bit low so they reset the Throttle position switch and cleaned out the butterfly.

The car now revs a bit more on start up and settles at about 850rpm (which is about 100rpm higher than it should be).

The car does not stall now under hard braking.

So problem solved.

Ok, update time.

The car continued to stall under hard braking in 2nd & 1st gears.

When I had the car serviced last week they said the idle was a bit low so they reset the Throttle position switch and cleaned out the butterfly.

The car now revs a bit more on start up and settles at about 850rpm (which is about 100rpm higher than it should be).

The car does not stall now under hard braking.

So problem solved.

Could the problem have been associated more so with the butterfly than the throttle switch?

As with V35's, warm idle should be at 650rpm.

I guess the main thing is that the stalling has gone, would like to pinpoint what the cause was in case others have this prob in the future.

Could the problem have been associated more so with the butterfly than the throttle switch?

As with V35's, warm idle should be at 650rpm.

I guess the main thing is that the stalling has gone, would like to pinpoint what the cause was in case others have this prob in the future.

Idle is meant to be 750 in Neutral on the M35 but as I said mine is a bit high at the moment. Would definatley like it to be lower but there is no adjustment, it is all controlled by the computer. AS it has been rest it "may" be learning again. I have only done about 200km since it was done so I will see how it is in a week. It is certainly using more fuel with this idle and wants to drive on a bit much for my liking. If it does not come down over the next week I will be going back to see if we can sort it.

Idle is meant to be 750 in Neutral on the M35 but as I said mine is a bit high at the moment. Would definatley like it to be lower but there is no adjustment, it is all controlled by the computer. AS it has been rest it "may" be learning again. I have only done about 200km since it was done so I will see how it is in a week. It is certainly using more fuel with this idle and wants to drive on a bit much for my liking. If it does not come down over the next week I will be going back to see if we can sort it.

What was it idling at when you were having the stalling probs?