SAU Community

Rb25det Neo!!!!!!!!!

Guest tumso

Hi everybody in Aus.

I'm nissan cefiro a31 owner from Thailand.

Now I search some data for dicision about my new engine.

(My old is 240,000Km)

my old engine is RB20DE AT with 4.083 (Don't know its called in english..)

I interested about NEO Engine but don't know about its spec.

I would like to know about this engine detail.

I saw a few used engines in Thailand (It came from Japan) I think it's very new & Interested!!!

Could u give me some detail of this engine or some suggestion please ?

I will wait for ur answer

many Thanks :)

Tumso

i dont' know much about the engine .. but welcome to the forum anyways :) ... the neo is still a little bit of a mystery since its still a little new ... but it won't be too long before they become common and everything will be known about them ..

One thing I heard that NEO6 is save ur petrol right?

You know in Thailand petrol is expensive (If u compare with our living costs ):) & my city Bangkok was very traffic jam

or If I find some new engine for save petrol it's will be NA engine RB25DE NEO or not NEO :)

Anyway wait for suggestion........:)

sewid:D I think you have no space to putt RB26DET in Tuk Tuk sure

(If it real I think you will die immediately when tuk tuk start running) How about put it in my cefiro ? sound interested? hahaha.

If you are worried about spending too much on petrol, why are you ready to spend all that extra on an engine????

Sorry, just doesnt add up.

An RB25DE shoud fit no probs and with the money you save from the conversion (vs RB25 NEO) you will be able to afford the petrol.

So is the RB25NEO more economical than an RB20DE? and by how much. Really if you want economical, buy another RB20DE, they are as cheap as chips. Even an RB25DE can be picked up for around 1K in aust, but as the NEO engine is a bit rarer, I wouldnt have a clue what they are worth, but I am sure they are more expensive again.

Have a look at some of the back issues of HPI - did a build up on a R43 GT-T, and they used a high flow for approx 230kw(from memory) at the rears.

I believe the NEO has a larger range of VVT than the R33, also the cooler on a GT-T is different to the GTS-t (presumably alot better) It would be quite conceivable that with a better tune, better cooler would easily make an extra 20kw.

BUT I think tumso is looking at the DE?

Tumso, you will also have to get an ECU upgrade if you change engines.

the best thing to put in your cefiro is an rb 25 from an r33 rather than the neo as the that rb25 is similar to the rb 20 the neo is very differnt. yes I have seen cefiro's with rb 26 :D they go very good. another thing to think of is an sr 20 I put one in my r32 skyline came up well .

meggala

HI

Tomorrow I will go to see RB25DET NEO MT. It was from R34 accident car with 4000 Km It's very very new!!!!

I quite interested Turbo engine 'cause I think if I must conversion my car How can I put Turbo because it a final aim for conversion

Isn't it?

Neo is very new. sometime I afraid about some engine parts but I just know some parts it will use with rb25det normal too.

I have some interested spec for RB25DET NEO

RB 25 DET (NEO) year 2000

DOCH 24 V

(C.C.) 2498

(m.m.) 86.0x71.7

9.0 : 1

PS/rpm) 280/6400

(Kg-m/rps) 34.0/3200

4.083 (Auto 4 speed)

4.111 (Mannual 5 speed)

:(

Yesterday I went to see a skyline r34 engine rb25det neo for conversion my car.

Unfortunatly! air flow was broken.

I saw neo engine air flow was Pink label

same RB 25det (r33) but not sure it's really same.

If it same I will purchase a engine cause I think I can find a spare part

if not I must find another engine

Pls Tell me

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...