SAU Community

Garret 3082r / Gt3040 For Sale

• 2 weeks later...

ok got some results today about my car and the new turbo compared to the one here that im selling

its probably bad news for me and good news for who ever buys this turbo off me

basiacly i wasted money changing from this turbo too my new one which is a garret 3071r a tad smaller

my reason for swapping was that i thought i could get same power out of it but come on boost earlier

ok ran the car up on the dyno its not completely tuned yet but boost is still coming on almost the same ive probably picked up a few revs but not enough for my liking.....

so too all you rb20 lover's this turbo is as good as you can get for somethin making 240 - 260rwkw

and 250 - 320rwkw for an rb25

also ran up a dyno for a rb20 with similar setup with a gt 28 rs turbo and it only comes on power about 500 rpm before mine we crossed the graphs and for the difference in power you would have to be stupid not to go for the big turbo

so now that i know this im happy with my 20 it had 40rwkw more than the gt28 and came on 500rpms later

so in conclusion i should have kept this turbo ahahahah what a waste of cash

but good news for the buyer

ok here is more good news for the buyer

i got my car back 2 days ago and ive got a few things to look forward too on the dyno the curve looks very similar to my old turbs

the mechanic said that he wanted to play with it a bit thats why it took so long to tune....

he found that i was using a 12psi spring in the turbosmart wastegate and that it was starting to open at the 12psi like it should....

well this is what was causing me to boost late.......... he hasnt got one yet but he is getting me a 17psi spring start of next year...

he blocked up the wastegate to try it out and it actually made 4.5psi more at 5000 than it did before so at 5000 it had around 13.5psi once the spring is changed it will have 18psi - pretty much full boost and 2000 rpm to spare mate i was so happy to hear that.

so i probably didnt need to spend all this money and probably should have kept my other turbo but at least now i know i cant get any more out of it unless its on the bottle or race fuel.

and now everyone here knows that a gt3040 and a 3071r are very similar all the way through the curve.

now ive been the ginnea pig but its all good

im in victoria / Narre Warren

no trade ive already got a turbo bolted up on mine

be quick guys i have a lot of people interested now the turbo will not dissappoint im even thinkin of keeping it for that price now just in case i blow my new one

it is an external gate

who ever buys it make sure to use a 17psi spring in the waste gate this is the reason i was hitting boost late i only had a 12 psi spring

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...