SAU Community

Suspension Recommendation

locoloc

Hi,

All im really after is to lower my car a bit (r32gtr). Currently it has standard shock/springs.

I am really happy with the ride comfort and realise that any modification will compromise this.

I have found a set of Tein Ha's used for 400bucks but am very hesitant on putting in coilovers after reading all the threads on the Teins.

Im not too phased by a stiffer ride but will they be so stiff that I will wish id never installed them.

So my question is, will i be better of installing the HA's or should i just get lowered springs and use the standard shocks.

Yeah, my mate had a similar experience.

Bought used coilovers, rear shocks were dead. We'd gone on a trip to go watch Targa, and around corners with bumps the car was an absolute mess. He had to ship his stock suspension back down and get it installed.

Any coilovers for $400 would be a good idea to stay away from. We can sell you brand new ISC N1 coilovers for $1499

Ryan

i will never go back to coilovers, they are too stiff for everyday drive. i rkn get some nice damper and springs will do cept for the lower-ness.