SAU Community

Importing My R33 M-spec

Johnney_aussie

This is my journey it took 2 months and 4 days from the first phone call to delivery to my door, The car hasnt been complied yet though.

27th of Aug.

Rang iron chef and talked about the r33, He will supply me with invoices and i will pay for the car,

waiting for email should be here by tonight.

28th of Aug.

Never got an email.

Emailed him to ask about the invoices.

29th of Aug.

I was told invoices came after he boarded the plane to NZ

and that he will send them later in the day.

2nd of Sep.

Invoices emailed, $ 5,114.09 for car plus fees to get it to ship and

$770 Brokers fee. Pay asap!

3rd of Sep.

Paid $770 brokers fee, Paid $5,114.09 for car fee.

10th of Sep.

Rang to see whats happening, Should know about shipping stuff next week.

10th of Oct.

Recieved arrival notice, ETA 19th of Oct.

30th of Oct.

Paid $3815.76 for the freight and a bunch of tax and other fees!

Car was delivered to my door 2 hours later.

Called compliance they told me to give them a ring in 2 weeks for exact date to take the car in

31st of Oct.

Took her for a sneaky spin around the block, shhh i couldnt resist!

Pictures are http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/G-day-t234787.html, These are the import pictures, Ill post some when after i wash my car, its very dirty.

lol phone calls always work best with me :P

Make sure you remove the fake race-filler thingy lol Glad to hear it's all running sweetly.

Lol yeah it was bloody bolted on there, its gonna be a bitch to take off. Im buying a boot lid assembly kit from another member on this forum to replace it and also buying a stock front bumper from him too cause the one on there is pretty trashed up. Thats the only two problems but for the price i got it for im not complaining.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=9zlqodQUGpQ This is a video i took the day after it came from Japan.

Edited by Johnney_aussie

This is my journey it took 2 months and 4 days from the first phone call to delivery to my door, The car hasnt been complied yet though.

27th of Aug.

Rang iron chef and talked about the r33, He will supply me with invoices and i will pay for the car,

28th of Aug.

Never got an email.

29th of Aug.

2nd of Sep.

3rd of Sep.

10th of Sep.

10th of Oct.

30th of Oct.

Called compliance they told me to give them a ring in 2 weeks for exact date to take the car in

31st of Oct.

Pictures are http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/G-day-t234787.html, These are the import pictures, Ill post some when after i wash my car, its very dirty.

10th of Nov.

Rang the compliance workshop and asked when i should take the car in they told me bring it in at anytime.

11th of Nov.

Pick up a trader plate and drove the skyline to the workshop it was great!

They told me the car should be ready in 3 weeks since they cant start it till next week.

Now more waiting! But we are at the final stage ;) Cant wait.

we have the same wheels! lol

Yeah i know i told you that in another post somewhere on this forum, also when i took the car to compliance there were another set of these rims waiting to go back on another skyline lol.

Yeah i know i told you that in another post somewhere on this forum, also when i took the car to compliance there were another set of these rims waiting to go back on another skyline lol.

LOL.

i actually seen your car at the workshop on wednesday when i went to pick up my car...

looks nice! :blink:

if you ever decide to sell your wing, tell me.

• 3 weeks later...

27th of Aug.

28th of Aug.

Never got an email.

29th of Aug.

2nd of Sep.

3rd of Sep.

10th of Sep.

10th of Oct.

30th of Oct.

31st of Oct.

10th of Nov.

Rang the compliance workshop and asked when i should take the car in they told me bring it in at anytime.

11th of Nov.

Pick up a trader plate and drove the skyline to the workshop it was great!

They told me the car should be ready in 3 weeks since they cant start it till next week.

Now more waiting! But we are at the final stage :) Cant wait.

1st of Dec.

Rang them and i was told it may be ready by the end of the week.

4th of Dec.

I was told it will defiantly be ready tomorrow.

5th of Dec.

Drove there picked up all the paper work to get it registered.

Went to Trans S.A got every thing done quick and easy.

Had my misses drive me to pick up the Skyline first bolted up the plates and i drove away a happy chappy ;)

My final thought:

It took f**ken ages! Every day for 4 months i thought about driving it!

But it worked out very well and now I'm happy.

Got some photo's to share.

Pictures

#1 The damaged front bar taken in Japan

#2 The slighty cracked and buffed stock front bar i bought off a member on this forum

#3-5 The pictures i took of my R33 whilst in lobethal today.

post-49458-1229178833_thumb.jpg

post-49458-1229178861_thumb.jpg

post-49458-1229178884_thumb.jpg

post-49458-1229178915_thumb.jpg

post-49458-1229178945_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

nice work with ur R33 dude looks good, im lookin at importing one aswell. howd u go about paying for it, did u have to do it over the net or? did ya take a loan out the bank or just paid with ur savings?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
nice work with ur R33 dude looks good, im lookin at importing one aswell. howd u go about paying for it, did u have to do it over the net or? did ya take a loan out the bank or just paid with ur savings?

Shit sorry i didnt reply i didnt see these messages, I bought the car over the net/phone through Iron chef its very easy! I paid for the car with my own saving, saving as i went along you pay for it over a 3 month period not in one go. Paid nearly $6000 for the car first then about 1 and half months later i paid for the shipping/tax then another 1 month and halter later i paid $3,600 was extra cause they had to change my suspension, rims, front bar ect. for regency or if your from another state to make it street legal in the law's eye. If you gonna mod your car get ready to be defected ive had my car not even 4 months and was, all good though now :) Just a bit gay when you have to borrow you misses VS commie executive no power lol. yeah you wrote this ages ago but i hope you well.

Hey man. How much did you pay for compliance?

So far it seems too cheap to be true :)

Umm $3,600, $3000 for the compliance and the extra $600 for the removal of parts and installation again, Ah and i forgot to mention they put new brake pads and the rotars had to be machined back probably due to sitting there so long and rusting out, No wonder why when i drove to the compliance shop i nearly killed myself going down the street, But yeah great cars you got the power and it alright for every day use, Id love to get a GTR though, Spend the extra 10k and get one ;)

Here some new pictures

P240409_173901.jpg

P240409_1739.jpg

P240409_1800.jpg

Cooler1.jpg

Cooler2.jpg

Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...

hey im new to this site but thats sweet as man, im thinking of importing a r34 but a non turbo cause im on my p's. how much was the car in totall? after all the compliance, tax, fee, etc etc after everything?

hey im new to this site but thats sweet as man, im thinking of importing a r34 but a non turbo cause im on my p's. how much was the car in totall? after all the compliance, tax, fee, etc etc after everything?

Was just under $13,000

hey mate, pretty nice :P indeed, just wondering what site did you find it on, and what was the grade of the car? - assuming you did get it from jap auction or some jap dealer right? - only asking cuz im thinking about importing a car myself, but im not a patient person :down: 4-5 months ill kill my self :D

just wondering has anyone imported and complied and ready to drive less than 4 months like johnney had to wait for?

Edited by ezy03

I used Kristian at Iron Chef his website http://ironchefimports.com he is also a member on this forum. Also the reason why my import journey was so long was becausie i had to wait for the compliance workshop to take my car in because they were flat out. I reckon youll be looking at 3-4 months for it to be road legal takes bout 2 months for it to be dropped off at your door or dropped off at the compliance work shop what ever you choose.