SAU Community

Traction Issues

Hi all,

Have an R33 Gtst 300rwkws, Tein Coilovers, Hicus Removed, Have gone through Shitty Nankangs, Michielans.

Have absolutly no traction from 3gs onwards.

Spent all this money makin it go fast and all it does is burn tyres lol.

Wanting advise whether softing the teins, raising the rear end, Semi Slicks?

What ppl are using with the same or similar power/setup.

Cheers

Have teins coilovers street On the lowest possible setting tyres sit just inside the guard. Damper is half way.

I have many mods one piece tailshaft, 2way diff, pineapple bushs anything else i forgot has been done.

Camber is at 1.5 from memory whiteline camber kit.

Nankangs at the moment but no difference between these or the pilot sports i had on before!

Wondering what tyres ppl are using to gain traction at 300rwkws as my mate uses MT Street Radials and has no probs with his supra with the factory suspension/setup with similar power?

Are the falken ST615 A good semi slick as there the cheapest i can find at $300 each fitted!

(Need ppl who have used falken semi slicks or the above tyre for advice)

Nankangs are really really bad.

When I was making less power but with 225/50/16 out of all Simex and Sava cheap tyres I tried a set of 245/40/18's Nankang NS2's. The Nankangs were super slippery.

Get rid of them.

Throw on some Toyo R1R's or even better MT ET Streets. :P

try and get camber as close to 0º at the rear and buy some decent new tires... also if its too low (less than about 345mm centre wheel to guard) your driveshaft angle will be less than ideal and you have no suspension travel so the rear won't squat under acceleration... so yeah raising it up and/or softening the springs will help weight transfer

the Falken RT615's have a stiff sidewall so are good for corners but won't help you much in a straight line... the Hankook K107's I have now grip better in a straight line

Probably comparing the 'OLD WORN' turned slippery Pilot Sports to the new fresh chunk Nankangs.. Doesn't say much for the nankang. :D

which reminds me, u keen on some 245/50 R16 RE-01's? was talking to showza and he mentioned u might be keen on them. i dont know if i want to get rid of them as they are so nice, but tbh im not sure if i have a real use for them atm.

sorry to hijack :cheers:

but yeh, lift up the rear suspension, will reduce ur static camber and let ur suspension work a bit better. change the rear subframe alignment, dunno what it is atm, but maybe try maximum squat position if ur mostly just keen on straight line traction. the teins might be ok for now, do you know whether they are jap or aus spec? if they are jap u can be guarenteed they are way too heavy, especially for off the line traction. if anything ur better off with stock suspension than teins if ur only interested in putting power down in a straight line, if ur mostly interested in height adjustment, then go with something like the bilsteins with stock springs if ur on a budget.