SAU Community

Engineers Certificate

1. Rims which are 26 mm wider than standard listed on the tyre placard.

2. Exhaust dB level.

3. Gauges that reside within the vehicle dependant on situated height.

4. Proof of tint VLT

5. POD Filter

6. Ride height

7. BOV

Just a few off the top of my head that I would like a cert for. Also in the Sydney area.

why u need a engineer's certificate buddy?[/quote:f532c6a830]

for some peace of mind when cruising. having to re-mod the car to stock to pass EPA is a very expensive exercise.

I need (i think) a certificate for: pod, ride height & fmic.

do you need to get one for oil catch can, oil cooler, strut brace & exhaust? i doubt my exhaust is louder than 90db.

oh and i've still got the factory BOV so i don't have to get a cert for that do i?

FMIC ? You need a cert for FMIC ? Which ADR does it contravene ?

BOV, POD and Exhaust are all dB limits I think due to the sound made whilst venting to atmosphere (for atmo venting BOVs) and the induction noise of a non enclosed intake such as a cold air box. Alot of people are of the opinion that BOV and POD are due to gas emissions, however the RTA states it is the sound emission ADR that they are in breach of.

Is your BOV atmo venting or plumbed back ? Also with the exhaust you may as well get everything you can on the cert. If it's the difference between you going happily on your way after being pulled over, or having a canary just because the cop THINKS it's louder than 90 dB (they only have to THINK to lay a canary, and we all know this is not their strong point).

I have the number floating around for a registered engineer who sorted my 200sx and engineered the following:

3 inch exhaust

18 inch Chrome rims

3 inch lowered suspension *read - road scraper*

gauges on the a pillar

BOV

POD

FMIC

TINT

all for around $200

pm or email me if you want the details

Hehehe, yeh it's the Vehicle Standards Information PDF No. 02 - Registered Signatories :lol: I just like getting personal references from people who have had the work done at a good price. Linked it below for anyone else that is after a look -

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/vsi02.pdf

I'm still after personal references though as I'm more than happy to give my business to blokes who do a good job.

I'm a second tier tech support monkey for Dingoblue's porting management group (MNP/MNT) and due to our closure being imminent, apart from repetitive tasks such as running batches of cancellations (which takes about 15 mins if I drag it out) I have the whole day to myself. I've always been after a job where they pay me to do what I like.

Unfortunately it's getting so god damn boring I think I'll resign before they give me my redundancy :wink:

You work in a position which supports a product that becomes redundant and then decides it will continue on, and make sure no-one else knows your job. That way everyone leaves the company, however due to contractual agreements with the provider of your mobile services, these services must remain active for a period of time, and therefor you have a position which must remain active yet has minimal workload due to lacking of customer base.

The best part is writing out the processes for the next poor sod who will replace me once my position is redundant, as I'm going to make them as vauge as can be and god help them if they expect anything more :!: