SAU Community

Nissan Y34 Cedric - Introduction

sbyder

I got the car back and just had to hook up the overdrive light to the dash which is now complete. I had a boost leak on a metal gasket near the intercooler which sounded very very strange. I couldnt find it after a few minutes of looking and tightening every clamp, so i plugged up the intercooler pipes with a can of beer and pumped in a few psi of compressed air. Found it quick flash.

I knew beer was good for something :D

26164651.jpg

Remaining things to complete:

Put gas in the A/C

Get the centre consol panels painted/woodgrained

Put the interior back together and clean it up

Replace a broken wheel stud

Machine all discs and bleed the brakes

Align the steering wheel and full wheel alignment

New wheels and tyres

Mod plate, Safety certificate and registration

Cruise time!

• 2 weeks later...

not even sure if anyone reads these posts, but for my own records, the list has been reduced.

Put gas in the A/C

Get the centre consol panels painted/woodgrained - WIP

Put the interior back together and clean it up - Done

Replace a broken wheel stud - Done

Machine all discs and bleed the brakes - Done

Align the steering wheel and full wheel alignment - WIP

New wheels and tyres - Done, just waiting on tyres to be fitted

Mod plate - Done

Safety certificate

Registration

New wheels are Work Euroline LS406's in 19x9 +22 and 19x10 +32. Should fit perfectly and look very VIP.

May have to add suspension work to my list though :)

post-50241-1271753572_thumb.jpg

Edited by sbyder

something about returning home so you can use the navigation.

Ohh and if you want to reset your clock, just pull your cluster out before 12pm and plug it all back in at 12pm on the dot :)

Edited by sbyder

even more progress made today. Sick of pulling the dash cluster out to replace globes. Done it 5 times now. Seems a new bulb keeps blowing everytime, so i've replaced them all now. After playing the stereo hard for a few hours with some mates while we put the interior back together, the sub has blown itself, so now another thing to add to the to-do list.

Put gas in the A/C

Get the centre consol panels painted/woodgrained - Done - though I wrapped some peices in carbon fibre looking fabric.

Put the interior back together and clean it up - Done

Replace a broken wheel stud - Done

Machine all discs and bleed the brakes - Done

Align the steering wheel and full wheel alignment - Done

New wheels and tyres - Waiting for 1 rim to come back from re-chrome and new tyres to be fitted.

Mod plate - Done

Safety certificate

Registration

Repair blown rear subwoofer - Waiting on quotes (Nissan want +$360!)

Hey guys, im looking at maybe importing a Cedric in the near future maybe through J-spec and im wondering if anyone has any specific things i should be wary of when looking for the right car. i know the guys at j-spec have heaps of possible cars to choose from so i want to find the right one. also im looking for some advice on the whole importing process as ive never imported a car before. been doing some reading, am i being realistic if i budget say $3000 on top of a landed and complied price or and i nowhere near the right figure? also i'll probably be looking for a Cedric that already has a couple mods like wheels and suspension, maybe bodykit. would i be better off importing one like this or getting a stock one and doing the mods here?

thanks

-pete.

Hey guys, im looking at maybe importing a Cedric in the near future maybe through J-spec and im wondering if anyone has any specific things i should be wary of when looking for the right car. i know the guys at j-spec have heaps of possible cars to choose from so i want to find the right one. also im looking for some advice on the whole importing process as ive never imported a car before. been doing some reading, am i being realistic if i budget say $3000 on top of a landed and complied price or and i nowhere near the right figure? also i'll probably be looking for a Cedric that already has a couple mods like wheels and suspension, maybe bodykit. would i be better off importing one like this or getting a stock one and doing the mods here?

thanks

-pete.

Mine will be up for sale very shortly for 18K. Its a 2000 model VIP with the engine converted to the RB25DET and regular automatic. Just had some work rims installed and will be dumping the suspension in the near future. Its got a custom 3inch into 2.5inch exhaust from the turbo back which gives it a nice subtle engine tone.

If you're not interested in that, then i would be looking for a top spec leather non CVT model. Add 3K for shipping and duties, 3k for compliance and tyres and another 1.5K for rego and any taxes. If you buy a high cost car it will end up costing a bit, but you'll have an extremely unique and prestige car. My cedric owes me 25K due to the CVT blowing up and costs in converting it.

post-50241-1273476085_thumb.jpg

yeah, wouldnt have bought them until i saw them on your car. Looks hawt!

I dont think i'll need a gaurd roll as my offset may just squeeze them under when i lower it.

Drove it for 3 hours on Friday with the trade plate. I have forgotten how smooth these things drive. If it wasnt for the stereo pumping tunes i probly would have dozed off! lol

A/C is getting put in this week, then its safety cert and rego.

Might get some lowered springs for it, dunno yet.

Hey Ben,

You'll still need a gaurd roll on the front and rear lips. And mine stuck out of the guards before I put the coilovers in.

And I'm currently trying to sell my car. I'm not sure if I should give the standard screwed struts and lowered springs or not.

But make an offer and I'll sell the springs. I'm not to sure what anyone will do with the struts as they are screwed. So i guess i can sell the springs.

Its almost too expensive and difficult to convert. You'll need to convert the foot operated park brake to a normal hand brake, then you'll have to find a pedal box that will fit (custom) and a really small clutch master cylinder as its pretty tight near the firewall.

Then you'd need custom tailshaft, seriously massage the transmission tunnel to fit in a 350Z 6 speed or Navara 6 speed box with new clutch, pressure plate, flywheel. Then your diff will be the wrong ratio. Need a custom centre consol and cut a hole in the tunnel for the stick to poke out.

These cars are cruisers and not designed for heavy gear changes like in a manual.

If you want a manual 4 door, get a skyline. :D

Edited by sbyder

You'll still need a gaurd roll on the front and rear lips. And mine stuck out of the guards before I put the coilovers in.

Mine dont poke out of the gaurds and with 3 big dudes in the back, they tuck up under nicely. I've pm'd you regarding the springs.