SAU Community

Nismo Exhaust

locoloc

post-28740-1227011236_thumb.jpg

this is my ehxhaust.

From the cat there are 2 mufflers in line, one closer to the cat and on near the tip as you can see in the pic.

If i removed one ( probably the one closer to the cat) will I get a deeper note or will it be excessively loud and drony..

At the moment it is a relatively quite exhaust but has a nice subtle note.

Also is there any performance gains to be had by removing a muufler. Just by looking at pictures of some

exhausts for sale, most seem to have only 1 muffler in line from the cat.

Or is this just a totally ridiculous idea that wont work????

cheers

loc

If you remove the centre muffler it will make the exhaust a lot louder. Unless you're aiming for big power numbers i wouldn't bother, it will just attract more attention from the police for very little gain.

The Nismo exhausts are good because they are quiet and free flowing. I have one on my car and it's awesome except for the rediculous carbon tip :D

I removed the resinator on my exhaust so it is now 3 1/2 inch from turbo through to high flow cat to x-force cannon with 5 inch tip. Mine sounded noticably louder when i had the resinator taken out, mine didnt have any drone, sounds deeper and great. But like stokesy said above, there are very minimal gains, it just makes ur exhaust louder. It does sound good though!!!

And destroying something Nismo is insulting :D

I had a Mugen Twinloop on my old Integra Type R, everyone said the twinloops are so restrictive blah blah.. but, unbolting it and just running it with the mid section lost power and torque all over the rev range. Pretty much running a 2.5" straight through. Dyno tested back to back!

Generally speaking companies like that know what they are doing :P

cool thanks for the replies.

Power gains is not really what im after, more so a stronger sound without it sounding ridiculously loud

i'm still undecided what to do but as gotRICE said i would be reluctant to destroy anything nismo