SAU Community

Anybody Playing Basketball?

NickR33

AP, AJ...i'll message the both of you around lunch time 2moro to confirm...

AP: I was thinking maybe the carwash again?

AJ: Service station/car wash, cnr princes hwy and browns rd, noble park north (i think)

cool?

I dibbs on guard position

yea cool NOBLE PARK SAFEWAY PETROL STATION cnr princes hwy and browns rd

MEET AT 7 CAUSE WE PLAY AT 8 hope we get to shoot around before hand ( an i still have to go to the gym hahah )

Shotgun shooting guard!!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a nice indoor ball...but i don't think it's pumped?? i dont have one, can someone at least bring a pump? I desperately need to have a bit of a warm up/shoot around first...it's been a while since i've played a proper game...

sounds like its you and me up top of the key, AP :)

mah man! the two guards!

im not too rusty, but i might be waaayyyyy sore after the gym :D

this game might be the funniest game to go down in the history of basketball

basketball-kick.jpg

me .... back in the day in africa, BOOM SHUCK-A-LUCKA!!!!! ( nba jam fans )

funny-pictures-ghetto-basketball-1ek.jpg

lmao i havent played in years so i think it will be very interesting, i just found a ball i had in the roof of the garage, pumped it up seems alright, see if it goes flat on me lol so if just takes his too then we will have 2

guys, i've been flat out at work and away from the forums for a bit. here's the run down.

Wear Black Shorts

Tops will be provided, we can work out details later If you have a black or red official basketball uniform bring it just in case we're short

Bring $15.00 to cover registration, insurance for the rest of the season and the game just for the night. Each week the game is $30.00 (divided by how many players are there)

It'll also cost ya $2.50 to get into the stadium per person (spectators as well)

Tip off is 8pm, so be there before hand to get organised

Here's the team list:

Justin C (ITZTRU)

Nick E (NICKR33)

Jarrod M (R32Big boy)

Allen R (LEANBAC)

Adrian R (CAJFLY)

Brett O (New Guy)

Shane P (shanusr33)

Other Players:

Nick R33 may bring a friend??

DogKnight??

Paradizzle??

If other players get involved it means i don't have to play twice on the same night which is good for me so i'll retire after 1 game, and somebody will need to put their hand up to be 'manager.'

Without me there's 6 regulars, so 1 more spot to fill. 7 is the perfect number, any players after 7 will be 'emergency players' unfortunately or roster them in and out etc? we'll work something out. there's always people away, sick or injured anyways

I will TXT you all now, so that you have my mobile number. Any problems getting there tonight make sure you call or txt. Otherwise i'll see you at 7.45pm on court 3. i'll be the bald guy sitting on the bench between court 2 and 3 with the red sports bag.

Cheers,

shanus

A Basketball Player's Vocabulary:

Team Player - A player who passes the ball to me

Ball-Hog - A player who wants me to pass the ball to him

Monster - A player half an inch or more taller than me

Little Man - A player shorter than me

Referee - A blind idiot wtih an unreasonaing hatred of me

Defensive Star - A player that can't shoot

Playmaker - Everybody's friend

Bad Pass - A ball that I fumble

Fumble - Another player's muff of my perfect pass

Switch - What you hollor on defence when you have no idea where your man went

Help Out - When I leave my manunguarded to get in the way of my team mate guarding the pivot man

Good Shot - Any shot I can get off

Bad Shot - Shot taken by a team mate

Crazy Shot - Basket made by the man I'm guarding

Cry-Baby - Opposing player who complains to the referee

Fighter - Team mate who complains to the referee

Travelling Violation - The ref's way of getting even

Defence - How's that again?

I've gotta try and remember all that before the game haha...

put me down for defensive star hahaha...i won't be going for a lot of shots tonight, especially coz its been a while since i've played. So i'll be rather embarrassed.

Shit...i'm actually nervous now hahaha

nice game fellas, hope you had fun!?

if you're quick, the game log is on the bottom of the waverleybasketball.com website

otherwise, pm me i can get it on .pdf file if your that keen...it's pretty cool being digital, you can track your games, stats, foul and score averages, high score margins, scope out the opposition etc etc :D

thanks for prompt payment, that covers you for the rest of the season for registration and insurance. Now the only cost you'll have is the weekly door entry and the score sheet is $30 for the game for the whole team.. So divide that by $5.00 each player and you'll start building a kitty 5 bucks a week - towards tops or end of season cruise, beer or something...

speaking of tops, lets leave that subject alone until next year, it's xmas everybody's gotta do shopping. keep them, bring them each week, i'll see what else i can order and find but if we want to order more individually for the reversable type pm me

after our other 6'2 player jumps on board, i'll jump off and nickr33 will become the new manager/rep for you guys. ring me in as an emergency if you like that was awesome fun, but yeah, we'll keep you posted with details.

next weeks game is an early one, 6.30pm. if you can't make it, make sure to let me know!

cheers, thanks, ciao