SAU Community

R35gtr Price Forecast - 5 Yrs Time?

Marko R1

i have a family friend who knows IMG group very well, 1 of their customers is selling a black r35 premium model and will take 140k.

there seems to be a massive variance when u compare this to carsales website average price at 150-175k.

i still cry about selling my dads torana ss, 5ltr 2door, 1st owner for 4k in 2001...i then saw the exact same model on carsales in 2008 for 98k and it did sell within a month

Interesting analogy (exclusivity of model variant), but bad choice in cars :)

When I purchased my M3 in 2006, I could have purchased a similar year model CSL for EXACTLY the same price.

Exclusivity is one thing, but application and associated practicality is another. The CSL is PURELY a track car. Nothing else. Fixed bucket seats, no sat nav, no television, compressed CARDBOARD BOOT FLOOR ( :blink: ), no sunroof, etc etc....

It has an EXTREMELY TINY target market, and the low price they go for reflects this.

I understand and agree with your analogy, but bad choice in example :blush:

Ive actaully been looking for 2005 model M5s. New they were 230K+. Now they can be had for 130K.

Thats a lot of depreciation. The R35 would probably be even worse, as it is certain to have been flogged and also has a very small target audience.

Ive actaully been looking for 2005 model M5s. New they were 230K+. Now they can be had for 130K.

Thats a lot of depreciation. The R35 would probably be even worse, as it is certain to have been flogged and also has a very small target audience.

It's worse than that mate :)

M5s go new for about $250k on the road...

You can get 2005 models with 30-40,000kms for about $105-110,000

For $125-130k, you should be looking at a 2006 with 20-30,000kms :blush:

I wouldn't be buying an M5 from a private seller with no warranty though, but that's just me ;)

It's worse than that mate ;)

M5s go new for about $250k on the road...

You can get 2005 models with 30-40,000kms for about $105-110,000

For $125-130k, you should be looking at a 2006 with 20-30,000kms :blush:

I wouldn't be buying an M5 from a private seller with no warranty though, but that's just me :)

thx for making me feel even better. Is that the list pirce you have seen 105-110K from a dealer ? or is that after 'merli negotiations' :)

OKAY FORD/HOLDEN DRIVERS

The GTR doesnt carry a common door or isnt a normal family car with extra badges or a massive v8 engine and some bigger brakes!!!

there a supercar, i rekon u'd pay $100K++ even when they head towards 100,000km... considering that @ 80,000km the engine has to come out n get stripped and checked so theres big bucks and least things would get fixed if need be!

but yeah i really doupt they could loose as much as a mass production car, but like people said... its all to do with condition and spec, kms ect.

but wat i do know is, lol is that the HSV 427 will be 60 grand with 40,000km lol and 3 years old

><

thx for making me feel even better. Is that the list pirce you have seen 105-110K from a dealer ? or is that after 'merli negotiations' :D

Had a work colleague who just bought a 2006 M5 (I went along for the test drives and negotiations), so those are prices from DEALERS that we were able to negotiate down to.

You should be able to get them even cheaper from private sellers if you're comfortable with that avenue :laugh:

The market has dropped out of the bottom for high-end luxury cars (as you obviously know), so dealers are willing to deal to move their stock.

1. Past price movements of older GTR models can't be used as a guide because apart from the 100 R32's that were brought in by Nissan, they were never officially sold here.

2. Any item is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay. It's pointless to sit here and try and forecast what an R35 will be selling at in 5 years time because we don't know what the demand will be once cars are sold on the second hand market.

3. Just because a car (or any other asset) is advertised for a certain price or valued by a valuer at a certain price that doesn't mean the car will sell at said price.

i.e. it's all good to be quoting asking prices we've seen on Carsales or SAU, but we don't know what the final purchase prices were. They were likely lower than the advertised price.

IMO prices of R32 - R34 skylines of all kinds really started to take a dive once the second hand market was flooded with grey imports. This was a blessing and a curse. It meant regular people like myself could afford to purchase one. It also meant that owners who purchased their cars when they were still quite expensive took a huge depreciation hit.

I think the two biggest factors that will determine how well R35 GTR's hold their value will be:

i - the demand for the cars on the second hand market

ii - the number of grey imports available on the second hand market.

an R36 will come out eventually and everyone will jump on that bandwagon like they have with the r35 :3some: so the price will drop like it has with the R32/3/4

Its not like its a KPGC10 or KPGC110 GT-R.

I keep seeing the R32/R33/R34 mention but not the 2 most important GT-Rs, which are probally worth more then the current r35.

Has anyone negotiated on a discount price for the R35 (new) considering the current "buyer's market" due to the price of cars plummeting?

as i mentioned on this forum, the cheapest i know is a black r35gtr with 3000km for 140k :P

as i mentioned on this forum, the cheapest i know is a black r35gtr with 3000km for 140k :P

3000km on the clock would be a used one, though.

I am wondering if anyone has ordered a new one and got less than $170k for the car.

Interesting to know because a lot of prestige cars in that segment are finding it difficult to find owners.

R35 GTR residual value will be the same as in any other car. It's a mass produced car that 'currently' has high interest/ demand. Wait 3 years time and see if the demand is still as strong. Nissan Australia had strong initial demand for R32 back in 1991, then they had some problem selling it later on.

the only thing driving cars down lately is the current gobal crisis with money.

people borrow to much, and have to give it away with miniumal loses

=] i still rekon over $100k easy for a 7yr old one, its the japenese lambo =]]]

its a Super car, not a common car with 1,000,000 build no's every year

and they aint just a robot knocked up peice of junk like holdens n yank tanks with face lifts of the model 10years ago.