SAU Community

Brand New Faulty Power Fc

sturb25

Anyway 2day was supposed to be the day i got my car dynoed with with my brand new power fc. My mechanic instaled the power fc and aparently theres a fault with it. He cant get the engine light to go off. Im pissed off because im going away to tassie for 2 weeks at the end of the year and i would of liked a bit more power to go with.

Edited by sturb25

Damn man thats a shocker... my power FC has the check engine light flashing when the car is in accessory mode, goes off when ignition is on tho so it doesn't worry me ;) hahaha

Did you buy the unit new so can get a replacement??

the engine check light is lit due to pin51 NOT getting about 3.7v

Pin51 is the traction control which is present on R34 GT-t's but not on S2 RS4S.

the engine can be tuned and run perfectly without setting up the correct voltage but you won't see the light flash if you have excessive knock or other engine checklight situations.

it is a small wiring job to get this light off. the answer of the correct voltage was supplied by EGA4IT.

it can be tuned quite happily if you want the power and it should run the car normally otherwise.

Edited by wolverine

Didnt work mate. could not get rid of the engine light. Going to take it to a Auto Elec while im down in tassie

Yeah i printed out about 20 pages on it and gave it to my mechanic and he reckons he tried the method suggested on page 1 and it didnt work. So he said he didnt want to try any more incase he stuffed my computer up which was fair enough. So im going to take it to a auto elect too see what they can do. Will let u know what i come up with. Thanks

that's a pain.

did you turn boost control off on the powerfc. default setting is on and if there is no apexi boost control that will throw up the check light as well. this is well known so i am presuming the mech switched this to off already.

if you have a commander go to sensor check and have a look there. check the boost control is set to off here too.

the powerfc faq that paulr33 has set up should help you do some trouble shooting from your end too.