SAU Community

Tensioner Pulley Fouling Belt Cover Rb30/rb26

leeroy_25

Has anyone had any isues with the tensioner pulley or belt rubbing on the cam gear cover or lower belt cover going from the 30 build manual? It suggests mocking it up but that would be a lot easier said than done. I gather the general opinion seems to be setting the pulley out a further 1mm than the manual suggests so you get more movement on the tensioner.

Any info please..

Edited by leeroy_25

I have been looking at this issue. I was going to ask the same question. Do you guys bother trying to 'cover' the idler, or just leave it hanging in free air? how does the belt go with road grime and stuff?

cheers

Thanks All!

Hole is in my block now so fingers crossed! I have looked at some other blocks and some seem to have some very different hole positions.. I am guessing it's not really thqt critical within reason as the tensioner has a fair bit of adjustment.

Hey Al, Nice looking motor! Looking at you turbo oil feed line (unless it's the water one?).. Are you running a series 1 block by any chance? If so would be interested to see what you did about oil and water feeds? I was planning on getting my oil feed from the pressure switch. and draining to the sump.. water is easy enough to put in where it belongs!

Any more pic of your build?

Cheers

Lee

psi: The plate is only held in by two existing bolts, so it's really easy/quick to take off. Not sure why you would need/want a hole for adjustment anyway; once the belt is fitted and properly tensioned you wouldn't need to adjust it again.

Thanks All!

Hole is in my block now so fingers crossed! I have looked at some other blocks and some seem to have some very different hole positions.. I am guessing it's not really thqt critical within reason as the tensioner has a fair bit of adjustment.

Hey Al, Nice looking motor! Looking at you turbo oil feed line (unless it's the water one?).. Are you running a series 1 block by any chance? If so would be interested to see what you did about oil and water feeds? I was planning on getting my oil feed from the pressure switch. and draining to the sump.. water is easy enough to put in where it belongs!

Any more pic of your build?

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee.

Pretty sure it's a S2 motor.

Few more angles of the engine on the stand, not sure if you wanted to see any other pics; like the pistons, head porting, engine bay prep and completed engine bay, etc.

post-1811-1229783590_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1229783712_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1229784255_thumb.jpg