SAU Community

School Zone Camera @ 10:00pm?

eeiko321

hi guys

im just wondering, has anyone been done at a school zone camera out of school hours?

because i was travelling towards parramatta on Woodville Rd Cnr of Kenelda St & Osgood St, in Guilford ...

the cameras are new with Orange painted posts. Its for the school of Granville South Public school.

i was trying to catch the lights, it didnt occur to me that there was a camera till i passed it.

i didnt recall it flashing, but im starting to think that person who gets the flash, wont see it because your travelling the other way....oncomming traffic ive always witnessed people getting flashed.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/speed...schoolzone.html

thats the link, and it claims that speed cameras for schools also act as a speed camera.

so can anyone shed some light on this?.....

as in..have you been flashed afterhours in school camera? do you see the flash from behind at night???

AFAIK they haven't finished it yet. I go past it everyday for work and l last went past friday and it wasn't finished.

hi there

actually i looked it up on that list.......i got the address wrong......the one mentioned is further up near parramatta in guilford...

which is near a KFC i recall.....but this isnt the one..this one i think is working, it doesnt have organe painted posts.

because on the list of cameras @ RTA.NSW.GOV.Au... the only one on woodville rd is the one mentioned above..

i figured it may have been too new to be put on there...

the one i was talking about is next to a CALTEX petrol station between Fairfield St & Orchardleigh St...

near the new huge Bing Lee & Western toyota dealer...is that the one your thinking of too?

and how do you know its not functional yet?

is this the one near bing lee?

yes thats the one!

HUGE gigantic big lee warehouse that was just completed...and next to a TOYOTA & HINO dealership......its for a school next to it...

that cameras is so new...that its not even listed on the RTA Speed camera website yet........

'Wisey18' said its not completed yet so its not functional......im not sure...he hasnt replied yet....

yeah its not working yet just sittin there they havent even put that other camera or flash thing on yet....
There are no signs for it yet either...

I'm pretty sure it will have a flash cause the second pole (one behind the camera) still has wires sticking out of it...

heya

yeah i drove past today to have abit of a sticky beak...

yes it looks like its still under construction...

the smaller post doesnt have the device attatched..

and the signs are not up yet...just the posts are set up....

cheers guys, i feel better about it now

=)))

so when does double demerit kick in anyways?

Answer the question about those cameras after school hrs.

Ive been caught once in a school zone at 1am. assuming it was a 60zone, i was doing 60km, but i ended up finding out it was a 50km zone.

But for me, i saw the flash, was more of an orange flash though. cost me a fair bit and a few points.

Im going to skip the dribble and lay it out.

I rang the RTA in a similar circumstance. If not on the website the camera is not in effect. It cannot issue a fine (in theory, and according to RTA)

No flash = Infrared flash I.E invis to naked eye.

Just post a letter and copy of the fine to the address on the back to alert them to the fact, you may also want to let them know signs had not been on display before the camera. Legally required 3 in total.

Now just a tip if you are chasing a light, you most likely are still speeding through the zone at its normal speed limit.

Hope it helps :down:

Ive been caught once in a school zone at 1am. assuming it was a 60zone, i was doing 60km, but i ended up finding out it was a 50km zone.

But for me, i saw the flash, was more of an orange flash though. cost me a fair bit and a few points.

hey if that happens

is it still considerred speeding in a school zone?

its not aye?

heya, which camera was that at?

Im going to skip the dribble and lay it out.

I rang the RTA in a similar circumstance. If not on the website the camera is not in effect. It cannot issue a fine (in theory, and according to RTA)

No flash = Infrared flash I.E invis to naked eye.

Just post a letter and copy of the fine to the address on the back to alert them to the fact, you may also want to let them know signs had not been on display before the camera. Legally required 3 in total.

Now just a tip if you are chasing a light, you most likely are still speeding through the zone at its normal speed limit.

Hope it helps :P

yeah i knwo what you mean, but this camera is right next to a set of traffic lights, makes it a pain in the ass

hey if that happens

is it still considerred speeding in a school zone?

its not aye?

not in a school zone...

but after hours of school, its generally 60km/h

so if you were going 80 you wouldve got done for 15 and over

but in school hours...80 = Loss of liscence!

incorrect

signs are their as a courtesy, they are no way needed legaly

when they turn the cameras on they will issues warrnings for the first month

incorrect

signs are their as a courtesy, they are no way needed legaly

when they turn the cameras on they will issues warrnings for the first month

apparaently its true

there must be 3 signs for fixed speed cameras.

unless a police radar

As Fatz said, the signs are a courtesy and not a legal requirement. They are not a gazetted traffic sign in the road rules 2008 (However the speed limit symbol on the sign is). There is no excemption from a speeding offence in the Road Transport (Safety and Traffic Management) Act 1999 if signs arent present.

The only sign legally required to enforce a speed limit apart from the default 50km/h limit (Which requires no signage at all) Is a speed restriction or derestriction sign.