SAU Community

Good/cheap Wreckers In Sydney - Doing A Manual Conversion

colossus

Guys,

Have called a few places (who had very high quotes for bloody 15 year old parts without warranty) but I'm sure you guys could point me in the right direction a lot faster.

After R33 parts to complete a manual conversion (on an R34).

Need a manual gearbox, tailshaft (front part), manual spigot bush, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder,

-clutch MC to Slave Cyc lines, pedals, flywheel. Will buy a new clutch kit seperatly.

Have posted in the WTB section here but very few replies and I really want to do this over my Chrissy holidays as I have the next 3 weeks off so figure if I can find a wreckers with it in stock I'll be right.

Cheers for any help.

Edited by colossus

Yeah have spoken to him - agree its a good price (for what you get) but way more than I want to spend (don't need a $2K clutch or a lightened flywheel). If I can keep the price down (to under $2K with new clutch) I am doing this conversion if not then it doesn't make financial sense to do and I will sell and start over.

Need a manual gearbox, tailshaft (front part), manual spigot bush, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder,

-clutch MC to Slave Cyc lines, pedals, flywheel. Will buy a new clutch kit seperatly.

If i was to do this conversion i'd buy the spigot new from nissan/justjap($10 at most), clutch master and slave from peps in artarmon(new non-gen)(roughly $150 at most), braided clutch to slave line from pirtek/enzed or a rubber one from a vl(not sure on price there...$10 > $150 at most), aftermarket lightened flywheel.

As for the box...i saw one somewhere on here in brissy for $600. Hunt for second hand one from private sale. Tailshaft half from sss automotive, jpc lansvale, justjap or gms revesby.

Does the pedal box on an r34 need all 3 pedals or does the clutch pedal bolt in separately? May be able to use a 31/32/33 pedal box or just the extra pedal and cut auto brake pedal in half with hacksaw.

Should be under 2k easy doing it that way.

Hope some of that helps. Good luck!