SAU Community

Speedo On Roids

locoloc

ive done a search but most people had problems with speedo NOT working.

just recently, usually for about 5 mins, my speedo just increases dramatically,

it does not stop or decrease but just keeps going as i accelerate.

So when i am doing 60kmph my dash is reading 100-120 kmph

but after a while it returns back to normal...

I have an RSM which reads fine. I have had the rsm for the last 5 months and have not had a problem.

I hope it's not the dash cause I just sold off a perfectly good Nizmo 240kmph dash like about 1 month ago..speewwing

anyone had this promlem??

Has to be an electrical fault to match what you're saying. If it was gearing related it would be constant.

As for what to check I honestly have no idea. If the R34 has an electric component to the speedo, and you will have to remove the dash and follow cables/wires to the box and engine bay, start with those.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Had the same issue in my CA 180sx, it would go spastic every once in a while, I would be accelerating to about 40km/h, but the speedo would show me taking off up to 120 - 140km/h on the dash (seriously, I was still going slow enough to get out and run next to the car).

One time going across the harbour bridge in peak hour stand still, the gauge flicekd around past the 180km/h mark and stayed there for 5 minutes before flicking back to normal.

Turned out it was the dash, as it was resolved after replacing the dash cluster, but that was purely because I needed to sell the car and didn't need the dash unexpectedly causing issues.

B.