SAU Community

Power FC Tunning (Melb) Where?

XSKAPE

Ice know their power fc's very well they tuned an sr 20 to over 300 rwkw with one and have tuned gtrs to well over 300 rwkw running power fc.

they know their stuff they are having a dyno day next saturday which makes it pretty cost effective.

meggala

they do HC tuning. mine shouldnt take that long coz its only a light tune... dunno about 2hrs @ $200?

on the last dyno day i went to they only charged me $100 for a light tune, so their prices are good.

You just drop the front drive shaft out, of course they can tune on a 4wd dyno but more cost.

Any why laptop tuning, its just a bit easier for the tuner sometimes but thats about it, it doesn't do a better job as such.

E

Regarding that SR20 that they (ICE) tuned, did the car come with a Power FC and/or those mods? did they build it? Or did they just alter it to run on Australian Fuel? If they built that SR20 from scratch and tuned the FC to suit the mods, then they really know their PFC. However if the setting where already there and they just played/altered/adjusted them then its a different story isn't it?

Evan I was told from a friend in Japan that, witht the HC you can only access like 70% wheres with the software you can access 100% and with the laptop software you can also lock out what can be controlled from the HC and what can't. Meaning the laptop tune was a full tune and the HC is just a light tune.

xscape the Lap top software is only in Japanese I dont know of any one in australia that has it.

re the 300 rwkw sr it was bought with the hardwear but was tuned for .8 bar on stock injectors so they did the mapping.

They have tuned gtrs they have built up which are well over 300 rwkw.

meggala

BTW nice to see you here Evan

Originally posted by XSKAPE

I'm after a place that can do Laptop tuning

BTW: how much power were you making? at 4 wheels or 2 wheels and what mods?

Phu

everything else standard except for:

- 10 psi

- 3" cat back

- PFC

on the 23/01/02 @ ART 4WD dyno 180.2kw

on the 6/7/02 @ ICE 2WD dyno 180rwkw - additions are pods.

i dont think anyone in melb does laptop tuning... i thought it was just the convenience of tuning by laptop instead of the HC, but all options, etc are still the same?

Originally posted by meggala

Ice know their power fc's very well they tuned an sr 20 to over 300 rwkw with one and have tuned gtrs to well over 300 rwkw running power fc.

they know their stuff they are having a dyno day next saturday which makes it pretty cost effective.

meggala

Same deal as last time? in bayswater? and same price?

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by uLa32

tuning cancelled until next week.... was gonna be sunday......eh..............................

then y didnt u come on the cruise biachhhhh??