SAU Community

I Need A New Turbo Need Help!

Nv R33 GTST96 turb0

looking at the dollar to yen buying some sort of HKS bolt on or even the Greddy range will put a pretty big hole in ur pocket e.g a GTRS for the 25DET would prob cost you 3k ? but you could always buy a GCG high flow which cost about 2.8k or even go the Garrett GT30 turbo's but you will need to mod the dump pipes and lines :D the GT30's are about 1.8k lines around $200-400

Cheers

Chi

best to just replace with stock in my opinion cause upgrading to higher hp turbo will mean new injectors, afm, ecu, piping, dump, oil lines etc. With a budget around 2200 it wouldnt be enough imo

Unless that gt28 is a direct replacement for the stock one which i doubt, correct me if i am wrong someone. Then if it is a direct fit your looking at around 300rwhp before the injectirs/afm max out anyway. Is the price worth an extra 40hp?

replace with stock mate....

if your looking to go a/m you'll probably need to updgrade injectors,afm and ecu etc and as your looking for a cheap option just stick with the stock turbo and save money to do the support mods first then do the turbo upgrade... no point in a big turbo if it aint gonna hit boost till 6thou revs

i've also got a standard turb for sale in VGC pm me if interested but yeah if u go for a bolt on GT30 turbo, if u read in forced induction people are having trouble controlling boost .....i think its better to get the "real" garrett GT30 without the chopped up RB housing and you can bolt a GT30 onto the standard manifold no probs :cool: just need to make oil/water lines and new dump pipe

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I’ve just installed a Uniclutch sport into my R32. I’ve been blown away by it… it drives like a stock Toyota Corolla. It doesn’t make sense to me that a performance clutch can drive this well. I was about to pull the trigger on a Nismo Coppermix twin plate when I discovered the Uniclutch and decided to give that a shot instead. They’ve changed the game and I couldn’t be happier.    I was previously using an Extreme cushioned button clutch with lightened flywheel. I’m still using the same lightened flywheel with the Uniclutch.
    • Mmmm no, that's a white series 2 R33 GTS-t
    • Oh and.... "no bubble on the dash" ---> immediate no mod status.
    • To be Frank (always liked that name), I reckon this is a better idea. I'm an R32 man from day 1 and the really good surviving examples that are still in stock form should stay that way. Let ye conscience guide you my son 🙂
    • Serious answer: The Japanese call them "HCR32純正アルミホイール" (HCR32 Junsei arumi wheel). https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=9781a9b17bdb0a90&q=HCR32純正アルミホイール&uds=ADvngMi969x8VO53s3Ns6zY_q0mz1wQSG62T0CP-XYz351Bz4k-UlCLmEIs3_DOvTIrJbtR53zUINohMWufGSNcE7u-Sy3WX5TUjyDJHK7ocoDfeYw5W1tSwzUlYREw7kf4AsG4TMceIn7jdSxdsPXSr015SPQ0N4d0VoByGkenzSrAe8dyXSHA-cFV7LpaAVKCIPCKphRBK4ExnPj5Wp8Ymbl6ZrzN4uV9O1oqNcySxxJLogfY6FULbGlMPmheHkf5T89XXkWHUmA-Kn76muIhfC4LNQ0WaaP4QrndS6u2ovf8NUIsYJ7oFJ81Is4MDHNu_WMQr5vRcNCw-OO7NiSgP3rP02XVontjydtRrPYYnhoyPrwFoPHU&udm=2&prmd=isvnmbtz&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjYlNzYxcuGAxW72DQHHb8ODIAQtKgLegQIDhAB&biw=1920&bih=911&dpr=1 The English name for them would be "(insert model name) genuine wheels"?  As a side note, they fit perfectly on 1st and 2nd gen Suzuki Swift Sports: https://www.google.com/search?q=HCR32純正アルミホイール+スズキスイフト&sca_esv=9781a9b17bdb0a90&udm=2&biw=1920&bih=911&ei=aBBkZsT2KMS60-kP8IGZwAE&ved=0ahUKEwjEyoTbxcuGAxVE3TQHHfBABhgQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=HCR32純正アルミホイール+スズキスイフト&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiNkhDUjMy57SU5q2j44Ki44Or44Of44Ob44Kk44O844OrIOOCueOCuuOCreOCueOCpOODleODiEjCXFCgA1iiWHALeACQAQCYAYkBoAHzDaoBBDE4LjK4AQPIAQD4AQGYAgCgAgCYAwCIBgGSBwCgB_wH&sclient=gws-wiz-serp