SAU Community

Radiator Fan Clutch

Wycky

Hi guys,

wanted to see if someone can help me.

My car as been overheating and i took it to my Mechanic. He showed me that the Radiator fan is spinning slow (can stop it with his hand) and is a bit loose.

He told me the clutch in the Radiator fan is no good and needs to be replaced.

Dose anyone know if this would be the same as the Clutch in the 350z or Maxima?

and has anyone else had this problem??

Thanks

Hi guys,

wanted to see if someone can help me.

My car as been overheating and i took it to my Mechanic. He showed me that the Radiator fan is spinning slow (can stop it with his hand) and is a bit loose.

He told me the clutch in the Radiator fan is no good and needs to be replaced.

Dose anyone know if this would be the same as the Clutch in the 350z or Maxima?

and has anyone else had this problem??

Thanks

just 'bumping' for a fellow 35er!

i think i might be having the same problem

whenever i've got the 35 idling there for more than 10 minutes, i'll notice the temperature rising...air con is usually running so not sure if this exacerbates the problem.

the first time this happened, i had coolant spitting out everywhere. I always switch the engine off now if i know i'll be stationary for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
you'd think the 350z fan clutch pack/ electric thermo would be identical..(?)...

(bumped again!, if nothing else!)

I'm Hoping

I had a quote to Import A Skyline one for approx $800, which seems to expensive.

You could swap it over to electric thermo fans. That would cost less than the $800 and be more reliable. There's a thread in the technical section of someone doing this on their R34.

as soo as my fan dies.....I'm using this suggested method. (Blitz's)

• 2 weeks later...
i feel ya

my fan has died as well so i'm very interested to know what alternatives are out there.

I wonder if this could be a common problem with the V35.???/

When i first notice the problem, i had approx 63,000km on the clock

my car only has 35,000 kms so dunno what's the go there...car is 4 years old though

took the v35 to the mechanic...got quoted $1100 for a genuine nissan replacement fan & labour

farkin not happy jan!

have you proceeded with the blitz's method yet superspit? if so how did it go?

my car only has 35,000 kms so dunno what's the go there...car is 4 years old though

took the v35 to the mechanic...got quoted $1100 for a genuine nissan replacement fan & labour

farkin not happy jan!

have you proceeded with the blitz's method yet superspit? if so how did it go?

Hi BZKR!

Man.....I know that the V35 fans tend to work puurty hard, even in mild weather conditions...moreso than any other car that I've noticed.

1100 hunjy?...geeeesh!..that figure seems to have been extracted from the ass of a Nigerian stock broker.

I have not proceeded, as my cooling system still appears to be functioning well..(other than it constantly coming on!..not a big bother though.)

Can't say the same about my 6M gearbox! (still!)....I shoulda gone the 5 speed Semi-Auto....they're much classier, I reckon.

Stay On Target!...soz.

I'd like us to start a tab on this very same fault......let's find out wtf is going on here, and maybe get a few more recco's.(?)

Hi BZKR!

Man.....I know that the V35 fans tend to work puurty hard, even in mild weather conditions...moreso than any other car that I've noticed.

1100 hunjy?...geeeesh!..that figure seems to have been extracted from the ass of a Nigerian stock broker.

I have not proceeded, as my cooling system still appears to be functioning well..(other than it constantly coming on!..not a big bother though.)

Can't say the same about my 6M gearbox! (still!)....I shoulda gone the 5 speed Semi-Auto....they're much classier, I reckon.

Stay On Target!...soz.

I'd like us to start a tab on this very same fault......let's find out wtf is going on here, and maybe get a few more recco's.(?)

Out of curiosity, I pulled the hood to look at the radiator cooling assy....(any excuse will do, it's new!)

Fark me!...what do I find?..........2 electric fans....no clutch fan! :laugh:

ummm...how embarrassing. :thumbsup:

This is odd!