SAU Community

Planning For Turbo

ok, so im still about a year of turboing my r33 but figured i might start planing and sorcing parts. so im wondering wether i should re-build my rb25de or do an engine swap. im hoping on doing a re-build ether way (as im looking for between 250-350rwkw) and i have been priced $2500 for rb25det engine, gearbox and loom.

so im asking what are the exact difforences in the turbo to not turbo engines? and what what i be looking at doing to the engine to pull those kinds of figures?

If you're chasing those sort of figures...on an N/A R33 to Turbo conversion, I think you'll be looking at more than just the engine and gearbox.

At 250-350kw you would probably be better off buying a turbo R33 to start from, and you'll definitely want to upgrade the brakes, probably the diff as well.

Supporting mods that come to mind are wheels, tyres, brakes, diff, suspension. It's all well and good to chase that sort of power figure, but unless you can stop that power and control it, you won't have a car for long.

The dollars involved in doing this, you probably would be better off selling the N/A R33, buying a R33 GTSt and work on that. Though if you're prepared to upgrade just about everything then I can see where keeping the N/A car you have now is beneficial and saves the hassle of selling and buying again.

I would still look at a engine/box swap thoguh as a starting point, and while you have the DET engine out you can get it rebuilt then.

350RWKW is a lot of power! Why not buy a GTR? and go from there... you'll have a much better starting point to support those power figures...

If your going to rebuild anyway just leave it as is turbo it then rebuild it, otherwise Uve wasted 2500 bucks most na+t cars will last atleast a year so you can rebuild by then. That 2500 spend it on brakes and stud conversion, you don't need an upgrade of sway bars... It has nothing to do with your goal, forget suspension diff and all that shit until your engine is sorted, I would do the brakes then turbo then rebuild and finally suspension, alternatively buy an evo cheaper quicker everywhere 24000 evo 7 spend 6 grand you got a quick car, or sell it and buy an unfinished project with most the work done

what they said, and buy a GTR lol,

or another option is to do the DE+T, Run some E85 in it and a standalone computer with supporting mods, a standard turbo engine is pulling like 300rwkw on e85 without a rebuild..

and you have higher comp motor

mate ive spent close to 10grand on mods and im at 230kw now, and I didnt buy a new engine. and Ive still got a bit to go to get an extra 20-30kw out of her.

imagine how much u'll have to spend for a RELIABLE 350rwkw... i would be guessing around $25,000 done properly...

you could get a nice gtr for that...

ok so i have to do the stud convertion, is that a leagal stand point? 350 is probably too much, just an estimation but atleast over 200. silly question what is e85. and what are the percific difforences beween the turbo and na engine?

allso i have allready prettymuch done the suspention side of things, bushers, sway bars, and a set of tein coil overs. brakes will be done before i turbo it. im just keeping the car for the fun of building it. that and alot is allready done.

Edited by PandaR33