SAU Community

My V Line Tinted!

Just thought I'd pop these up, for your perusal.

Just the doors were done, rest is factory.

Done by Instant Screens, cnr Warrigul and Keys...(Always had my cars done here)

Soz about the pic quality...camera phone!....actual quality appears pristine.

Front and rear bumpers get re-sprayed next week...woohoo!....I want them perfect. I'm fussy.

post-9261-1233649493_thumb.jpg

post-9261-1233649548_thumb.jpg

post-9261-1233649598_thumb.jpg

post-9261-1233649641_thumb.jpg

post-9261-1233649703_thumb.jpg

looks good. just as well you didnt do teh back. people that tint the rear windows of cars like this complain of crap radio reception. ( metalised tint halves the reception plastic film does not.)

Thanks mate,

The reception thing?... it makes good sense....so the standard tint that is already on there is plastic Chris..?

I get great reception, so I guess that rear black window is plastic?

Looks good superspit, i opted for 15% black all round and it turns out just fine - didn't affect the reception at all :D

In saying that, im probably going for a silver/neutral tint as soon as i can find someone who can do it.

Anyone in Sydney? :(

Looks good superspit, i opted for 15% black all round and it turns out just fine - didn't affect the reception at all :D

In saying that, im probably going for a silver/neutral tint as soon as i can find someone who can do it.

yea...i want to know too~

Thanx G33.....

On the job invoice mine is 'rated' @ 35%..........mmmm.

It's a little lighter (in reality) to the rear and privacy glass.

To avoid poor/low quality radio reception, Nissan would have had to (as Chris suggested) use a tint that contained no metal in it's makeup..for the rear glass.

Maybe your 'rear window' tint is not a 'metalized' version? ....I just don't know enough about tinting materials.

Yes..I reckon a silver tint finish on the glass would look shit-hot!!.....Hope you get it so I can see it!!

Cheers.

Thanx G33.....

On the job invoice mine is 'rated' @ 35%..........mmmm.

It's a little lighter (in reality) to the rear and privacy glass.

To avoid poor/low quality radio reception, Nissan would have had to (as Chris suggested) use a tint that contained no metal in it's makeup..for the rear glass.

Maybe your 'rear window' tint is not a 'metalized' version? ....I just don't know enough about tinting materials.

Yes..I reckon a silver tint finish on the glass would look shit-hot!!.....Hope you get it so I can see it!!

Cheers.

Looks good!

So you only did the doors, does that mean the rear side glass is still standard 'privacy' glass. Correct?

If that is the case it seems to match really well.

Just for the record, most Tint films are Metal based as this offers more life... Plastic films degrade quicker than the Metal Film.

Although the metal types reduce the effectiveness of Ultrasonic alarm use and radio reception..

Looks good!

So you only did the doors, does that mean the rear side glass is still standard 'privacy' glass. Correct?

If that is the case it seems to match really well.

Just for the record, most Tint films are Metal based as this offers more life... Plastic films degrade quicker than the Metal Film.

Although the metal types reduce the effectiveness of Ultrasonic alarm use and radio reception..

Thanks mate!

Yes, just did the doors....everything else was factory; privacy glass and rear screen.....(I thought all 35's were like that??)

It does make the windows look quite dark there in the workshop doesn't it!?

iv wondered about the privacy glass, can we get defected for it? i mean its pretty dark! i would be keen to do the windows as well but dont want to draw too much attention from the boys in blue

mmm...it's a good point...none of us want anything but 'admiring' type attention, from the police.

But we drive V35's, and if we drive them well and within the legal road specs, with a good attitude we should see no issues.

But....if we drove the 32,33,34's....mmmmm...well now......that seems to be a different story, now doesn't it?

"G'day driver, would you mind poppin the hood....mmmm...yes.....yes.......very well hidden turbo's on these things....what's the retail on these?"

When you consider most of the 'private' Mobile Speed Camera Cars in Victoria are heavily tinted, I'd see the bas*ards in court.

They are never legal.

geeeesh guys...all this talk of 'legalities' is scarin the shit outa me....shall I go rip it off?

I got a really light reflective tint for my rears and reception is fine, and got the fronts tinted which all matches up great!

Also added the rear light overlays purchased from Blue_Batmobile (WWW.BLUEBATMOBILE.NET) via the G35Driver site in the states, if your tinter is not experienced with these then not a good idea to let them put them on. The material is a lot softer than normal tint and needs to be placed carefully and shaped to the lights. Mine turned out ok, a few permanent bubbles but nothing to complain about, I'll post up pics soon.

Edited by Pulp

geeeesh guys...all this talk of 'legalities' is scarin the shit outa me....shall I go rip it off?

You can get away with illegal tint if you are lucky but God forbid, if you were ever involved in an accident, its just another reason for your insurer to knock you back.

Well if uncle Kevin finaly hooks me up with some cash for a change. I might do my bit for the local economy and get my front windows done. What tint did you use and its %, is it the same darkness as the back windows?

Well if uncle Kevin finaly hooks me up with some cash for a change. I might do my bit for the local economy and get my front windows done. What tint did you use and its %, is it the same darkness as the back windows?

Hi...

the invoice says 35 pooooshent!.....It looks almost the same as the factory stuff....(or the stuff that's already there..lol), but it is definitely lighter...

As far as what it is......its' tint!....I no know!!!!!!!I yust pay, he gip me the car beck.

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I want to get my 300GT sedan windows tinted shortly. Both places I've been suggest 'carbon / non metallized' tint for the rear windscreen , one however suggests it for all windows, just curious what you all do?

Reception is bad enough with these band expanders, so I don't want to make it worse at all, but seems like doing all windws in non metallized film mya be just a waste of money??

Cheers