SAU Community

Apexi 3.5 Inch Hollow Cat

Kujotk

Just wandering how much an apexi hollow cat new and used should be.

Thought i'd get one for track use ive been told they are pretty cheap, also i dont wanna degut my current cat since it means i'll have to go buy another one for road. Since the car runs rich untill i can afford to put an ecu and tune it, thought i could take it to the tracks and see some flame come out the back lol.

Yes i know its a hassel to unbolt it and all that but ive done it a few times already, its only 4 bolts.

Thought i'd get one for track use ive been told they are pretty cheap, also i dont wanna degut my current cat since it means i'll have to go buy another one for road. Since the car runs rich untill i can afford to put an ecu and tune it, thought i could take it to the tracks and see some flame come out the back lol.

Yes i know its a hassel to unbolt it and all that but ive done it a few times already, its only 4 bolts.

cheap? dude, NOTHING is cheap.......

im not sure about the HOLLOW cat?

but the SUPER CATALYZER for the Apexi brand is $1,473.

the exchange rate sux at the moment which doesnt help

though the Catylitic converters built into the Downpipes are cheaper....

Edited by eeiko321

You are talking about a decat pipe, not a normal cat, and in that case being that it is just a flanged hollow section of pipe, the best and most cost effective option would be to pick one up from Just Jap

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...at=0&page=1

I got a mate to weld up a side pipe for me. I bought all piping and flanges from exhaust shop for like $40...thats from dump to in front of rear wheel. A decat pipe should be around $20 to make up judging by that. Or just get one off ebay, justjap etc.

My advice would be...get a sidepipe for the track! :happy: