SAU Community

A Little Frustrated With Re-built Gearbox....again!

Oh, I thought you knew... you were so close with this response that I ignored the "please explain" response.

NVH means

Noise Vibration and Harshness...

mainly to do with most things that are engineered, especially Cars.

ohhhhhh...well there you go bro!...thanx!

Next time can you hit me with a quadratic function equation problem..or maybe a solveable simultaneous equation!!! :huh:

you what...

4 function equations...

a "solveable simultaneous equation" that sounds like it can be done... it's solveable

duh... I give up.

just being my old typical self Stephen..an absolute f*kwit!!..(apparently) :(

I really did appreciate your explanation on that last one...(NVH...is that an 'official industry' term mate?)...

I thought of VanHalen at first...!

yeh its just like vibration which i consider to be normal

no it is not really proprotional to the rpm, it just has like a slight vibration at all times when on the loud pedal hence i consider this to be normal since most cars are like this especially if mounts get worn out

Pretty much, yeah. You always hear about this, that or the other new luxo sedan having the "best NVH of its class" or successive models reducing it.

Agree... in the car industry it is something that luxo barges look for, where is, I want the luxo feel until I open the flood gates then I want to be bashed around.

I reckon a reduction in NVH causes the car to lose connection with the road.

Yeah, I'm the same.

In a luxo barge, or even a daily, I don't ever want the outside world to intrude. Hell, even the sound of the engine is undesirable.

But, in a sports car, I want the one with the biggest NVH values. I really want to build/drive a PRB.