Blits Bodykits

webng

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nick, it's a low bar so it's going to cop abuse...

i'e got a genuine dolphin bar so can't comment on fitment/quality of the copies but speak to jamie as he had one of the blitz kits in his possession

100_0604noplate.jpg

ps i still want the dayz bar :down:

Hi

I bout that kit from blitz a while ago and with a guard to centre of wheel measurement of 350mm you will only have about 100mm ground clearance. What I did was to cut it and take 25mm out of the middle giving me a bit more clearance 125mm. There is a fair bit of fitting required in the way of wholes for the grill and so on. post-25786-1234261688_thumb.jpgpost-25786-1234262305_thumb.jpg

I ended up buying two front bars the idea being that if one was badly damaged I could swop them and repair the damaged one at my leisure

post-25786-1234263091_thumb.jpg

Witches hat at 100kmph if I did not have the 3mm aluminum plate attached to the bottom of the front bar it would have been a lot worse

Phil

feck me that's low... looks like i'll scratch that idea then. Might go the Type M from Viva after all by the looks of things. That looked about 40-50mm lower then the existing Dayz bar.

EDIT: Which do you guys reckon is lower, the Type M or the Dolphin type one?

Edited by webng

my car is dropped quite a bit though (lol) - if you want, i can measure how far my bar drops down from a specific point and you can ask ruby to do the same since he just fitted one of the viva type m (masa) front bars to his rig ;)

oh ok.

i like the idea of the metal plate, although i'd rather put it inside the front bar out of sight, but then it has its purpose outside.

been chasing a dolphin kit since i knew they exsited. just never have the funds, got cash now ... but its forr my 100k serivce i just dropped it of this afternoon !!!!

my guard to centre wheel measures 380mm. Which would give me 130mm according to Stage1. Mike, yeah i realise yours is dumped!

Mike, if you could give me the measurement from point A to point B along with the measurement from wheel arch to centre of wheel and clearance that would be great (like what Stage1 did). I'll get Rube to do the same with his.

thanks

Edited by webng

Eyebrow height 320mm? Bloody hell... that's low! If my calcs are right, the bar will only be ~40mm lower then the existing one. I can live with that. Thanks mike.

and eyebrow height is ~320mm
Edited by webng

From what I've seen their fibreglass work is pretty good. Nice, thick, strong and a flat finish. I'm picking mine up today with sideskirts and bonnet to go get painted. Talking to spray painters, there can be huge differences in the finish of the fibreglass from various companies. Even big names put out kits that still require huge mount of effort from the painter to ensure a flat finish because of a poor gel coat. From what I've seen blits' finished products require little prep work. The guy painting mine worked on the V8 Supercar scene for a number of years so he know fibreglass. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Quality and fitment was good. The painters seemed impressed with the finish of the fibreglass and commented on how well it all fitted. One good thing is all their stuff is LEGAL and ADR approved.

Cool, no ADR worries then.

i keep scrolling pass the pic of your stag Mike and DAMN that's low...!

A lady from Blits bodykits emailed me a measurement of 46cm from bottom of headlight to bottom of bar. Choco or Mike, can one of you confirm this, if possible? Do you reckon yours Mike which is an original will be exactly the same dimensions as these copies?

body kits do not need to be adr approved