SAU Community

Question For Skyline V35 Track Owners

rs73

Got a question for you Skyline V35 Track Owners...

Does your space saver temporary use spare fits over the front brembos? Have you tried?

What is the size of your temporary use tyres? I searched the net and I only found spec for 350Z Track, with spare size 145/80D17 tyre on a 17x4T temporary steel spare wheel.

Infiniti USA told me the spare should be 18" - not 17" as what's on the 350Z spec? I suspect the one they told me 18" is for the late model G35 with factory 19". See http://www.campusinfiniti.com/infiniti_g_coupe.html

Cos the one I have in my boot is 145/90D16 and the 16" steel wheel doesn't clear the front brembo (haven't tried on the back yet, but if it doesn't clear the front why bother?)

So is your brembo V35's spare is 145/80D17 or 145/70D18 ??

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9/10 the rear is the tyre that will get puntured, the front flicks the screw / nail etc and it punctures the rear. I would check to see if it fits the rear, On the rare occasion you get a front flat put a rear on the front and the spare on the rear, unless of course you have a staggered fitment then yer fooked ;) .

On a side note I know a lot of guys in the Car Audio Scene use "Tyre weld" the spare tyre in a can !!!!!

Edited by mosoto

I'm mainly interested to find what size V35 owners with brembo have on their spare... not if it will fit the rears or not.

FYI ALL V35 track (coupe with brembo) have staggered fitment from factory. 225/45 front and 245/45 rear on factory 18s or 225/50 front and 245/50 rear on 17s (non-brembo versions). Staggered and directional tyres means tyre rotation never exist in V35 coupe owners' dictionary.

Only the V35 sedan have same fitment front to back, but sedan never had brembos option on them.

Now, who else can answer my question regarding what spare tyre size and rims you have on your V35 TRACK?

I'm mainly interested to find what size V35 owners with brembo have on their spare... not if it will fit the rears or not.

FYI ALL V35 track (coupe with brembo) have staggered fitment from factory. 225/45 front and 245/45 rear on factory 18s or 225/50 front and 245/50 rear on 17s (non-brembo versions). Staggered and directional tyres means tyre rotation never exist in V35 coupe owners' dictionary.

Only the V35 sedan have same fitment front to back, but sedan never had brembos option on them.

Now, who else can answer my question regarding what spare tyre size and rims you have on your V35 TRACK?

Hi...

I too have the 'track' version.....(6M, Brembo, 18")

Remember how I rebuilt my 'fuel flap actuator'?..(which is still working great!)...well it gave me the chance to rip apart the boot area, and I was quite frankly amazed at my spare tyre!....it's faaaaarkin huge!....or at least I think it is....I'd be quite pissed orrrf if it didn't clear the Bemb's.!!!

It's brand new (never used), and is the standard 'pressed metal' design, and appears only a little thinner than my actual wheels.!!!...(my 18" front tyres are smaller than my rears, as is normal)....car is at the painters, can't remember the stats.

(225/45/18 front.....245/45/18 rear Potenza G3's)...sumthin like that.

Staggered and directional tyres are a bit of a pain.....no more full tyre rotations!!

I get my car back this weekend, and I look forward to seeing how well the sparey fits....and the actual size of it.

Oh!...btw..I HATE POTENZA'S...THEY CAN FAAAARK OFF!.....Can't wait till they've worn out and I can FARK THEM ORRRRF!

My Nankangs piss all over those pieces of utter sheeeat, over-priced, slippery NOISEY crrraaaap!

Oh my...I do feel better now!

Cheers!

Lol wtf nankangs man...at least get the Maxxis tires...they're actually best BFYB and are moderately priced. There's a new one from Maxxis called i-victra pro which was recently tested by Motor magazine...this tire produced a faster lap time than Bridgestone Adrenalines however the adrenalines won due to their absolute consistency across all criteria. Motor did say if it had been a BFYB test instead of outright performance, the Maxxis tire would've won.

RS73,

I just checked my spare on my 03 track...it's 155/80/17.

Can you please keep us up to date as to whether it fits or not, as if it doesn't i'm just gonna empty the boot and put in a can of tyre weld which i already have from my previous car. I'm worried about that throwing off the weight dist which is the reason i haven't done it yet but if it does throw it of badly, i can always put it back in. I'd check myself but i'm almost bedridden atm =/

Lol wtf nankangs man...at least get the Maxxis tires...they're actually best BFYB and are moderately priced. There's a new one from Maxxis called i-victra pro which was recently tested by Motor magazine...this tire produced a faster lap time than Bridgestone Adrenalines however the adrenalines won due to their absolute consistency across all criteria. Motor did say if it had been a BFYB test instead of outright performance, the Maxxis tire would've won.

RS73,

I just checked my spare on my 03 track...it's 155/80/17.

Can you please keep us up to date as to whether it fits or not, as if it doesn't i'm just gonna empty the boot and put in a can of tyre weld which i already have from my previous car. I'm worried about that throwing off the weight dist which is the reason i haven't done it yet but if it does throw it of badly, i can always put it back in. I'd check myself but i'm almost bedridden atm =/

hahaha!...yep...Nankangs = not real flash...but...G3 POTENZA = absolute bullshit....imho!...(check the price diff too!)

No kidding...I'll take the Nankang b/w the 2!

I might go check these Maxxis's....are they quiet?...and good in the wet?

Looking forward to seeing what size spare I have in the boot!

Thank's for the size, Jon....

Is yours the same 155/80/17 as well, superspit?

I think I might try to source the 17" spare & tyre from Nissan, they might cost me a lot, but if they do fit over the brembos then it will be very useful in unexpected times of tyre puncture. although over 5 yrs owning R33 I only had 1 tyre puncture and it didn't get to flat yet as I quickly pump it up in a nearby petrol station and had the holes fixed immediately.

Thank's for the size, Jon....

Is yours the same 155/80/17 as well, superspit?

I think I might try to source the 17" spare & tyre from Nissan, they might cost me a lot, but if they do fit over the brembos then it will be very useful in unexpected times of tyre puncture. although over 5 yrs owning R33 I only had 1 tyre puncture and it didn't get to flat yet as I quickly pump it up in a nearby petrol station and had the holes fixed immediately.

hey man....

as soon as I get my ride back from the panel shop, I'll let you know..(I'm very interested..thanx for posting this topic!!)

Hate to even entertain the thought that Nissan would give us a useless sparrrrrrre!

Thank's... does the wheel clear your huge front brembos? dun worry too much if you can't be bothered to test it :-)

I've jacked up my car when swapping the rims, they're reasonably quite a heavy car to jack up at the front (rear was easier).

but still not as heavy as a Camry. Back in 1992 my old 2WD Suzuki Jimny was the lightest "tin can" car I've ever jacked up when I did tyre rotation :-)

After reading this topic I've check my spare and its 155/80R17!

tried to fit it the front... NO WAY

back fits OK

So, I'm still happy as I still can use my spare.

My car is V35 coupe '03 brembo brakes, stock wheels front 225/45/18 back 245/45/18

cheers,

edwin

Thank's Edwin...

That is a real worry, Nissan provides a spare wheel that doesn't fit the front! That would make changing flat tyre at the front very troublesome as you'll have to move both rear wheels to the front (for steering balance), and put the spare and one of the good

front tyre at the back...

Thank's, I will try to find the 17" spare wheel through Nissan, if not perhaps I will take the plunge and try Infiniti USA's G37's 18" spare wheel. Maybe it will fit the front. expensive though.

Thank's Edwin...

That is a real worry, Nissan provides a spare wheel that doesn't fit the front! That would make changing flat tyre at the front very troublesome as you'll have to move both rear wheels to the front (for steering balance), and put the spare and one of the good

front tyre at the back...

It's a hassle, yes..

But unless you plan on doing a 'Le Mans' type run with a spare tyre attached, then no problem.

Don't worry about steering balance!...you'd just get to a tyre shop asap!!!..(wouldn't you?)

Guys...I hear you, and tend to agree with you on the 'can-o-tyre' stuff.

But, in my experience, you can't fix a 'slice' in your tyre with the can.

I think it's beneficial only if you carry it with you, along with your spare wheel!!.....nothing can replace a spare wheel.

But hey!!...that's just me!

Thanks edwin for checking that out.

Yes it is a bit of a worry Nissan kinda let the guys with brembos have it bah...so homo.

I've already pulled out my spare and tools and whatnot but dunno if it's affected weight dist as i haven't driven the car yet. The rainy weather and semi slicks keep her garaged. I'll report back if it upsets the car too much when i do get a chance to drive it :thumbsup:

Guys...I hear you, and tend to agree with you on the 'can-o-tyre' stuff.

But, in my experience, you can't fix a 'slice' in your tyre with the can.

I think it's beneficial only if you carry it with you, along with your spare wheel!!.....nothing can replace a spare wheel.

But hey!!...that's just me!

yeh, but in all my exp of driving, the only time i ever got a "TEAR" in a tyre, is when i was doing 190km/h down con-rod straight @ bathurst in my mates hyundai lantra and the rear left tyre blew......