SAU Community

nissan r32 water pump look out

ok ill try and keep this short but i thought u guys should know what i found out the hard way ........anyway i bought a r32 gts-t 6 months ago thing ran fine untill the water pump started to leak and it was nosiy so i contacted the warrany ppl and i got a brand new gen r32 nissan pump so im happy drive around for 2 months and guess what !! the thing is leakin from the front so i take it bak to the guys who fitted it for me and they are like np will fix no carge sweet!! get the car bak now its doin it again same leak same place so im gettin sus and i asked a few ppl in the know and came across someone who had this prob happen to a few of his customers now from what he tells me

1 in 5 rb20 motors will suffer from this isuse on the water pump where the 10mm bolt goes in there is a slot type hole about 1.5cm long (see pic )ole is very close the the edge where the the water flows and with time it starts to leak now after looking at a rb30 pump it dont have this slot and from what ive seen on other r32 pumps they dont ether so why are nissan sellin these pumps as replacments havnt they encountered this b4 anyone else here who can shed some light on this and offer a advice as im going to nissan 1st thing in the morning and i will be jammin this pump up there F%$&n Arse i will keep u guys posted and ill will supply the the part no for this pump so no one goes though this

cheers

thanks for the replys i think ive fixed the prob ive used a rb30 water pump this should fix the prob time will tell i guess also does anyone here know where to get the full clear lens for the front indicator ive found a place that sells them but at $755 plus shipping i might have to wait awhile

• 6 months later...
i bought a n1 water pump and it has the same slot/hole.. its so it bolts on to gtr blocks n stuff as well i think.. i just filled it with some shit and off i went.

yes but it will only hold for a little while trust me i had to take bak mine 3 times now since ive used this pump no probs since and its been 7 months btw what did u fill it with?