SAU Community

Which Bush Did You Use

=premo=

ahhh no no.. lol

i was having alot of trouble just gettin my spigot bush in. i had no auto spigot in their.

was just to tight in the crank and kept crushing the bushes.

i slightly grinded mine to a tiny bit smallr diameter..

still had to use wood to tap it in. just not as tight a fit.

its all good now

Next time I'll take a pic.

I think it may have been easier in the end to do what I did and make the bush fit into the auto insert instead of trying to pull out the auto insert.

Would the auto spigot bush foul with the manual input shaft? I think it quite possible could..

That's a good point... The gearbox is bolted up alright so I guess it mustn't be fouling. I'll find out when I put it in gear with the clutch depressed and if it starts to drive off I'll sit a grenade under it and get some enjoyment out of watching it explode. I really CBF pulling the gearbox out without a hoist, even with a hoist this project has fkd up so many times I don't think I'd bother with it.

It might not be hard to remove, I just never knew that it was removable. I didn't take the gearbox off the RB20det before I sold it so I didn't see the end of the manual crank. Thought the RB30 I got was from a manual R31 and the insert looked like it was part of the crank because it had rusted evenly with the crank. Really wish I had of realized it could be taken out before I went to the trouble of making the bush fit inside it. Crap happens

ah lads,

yeh you have to remove the bush that comes in the back of the auto rb30 crank. Either get a small die grinder in there or a hacksaw blade, take a bit of material from the bush on opposing faces, then snap it with a cold chisel and remove. Spigot bearing will go all the way in then. Remember it's porous, so soak it in oil for a few hrs till oil comes out of it once you pressurize it between your fingers. Shouldn't have any dramas then with wear / noise etc. But yeh.... take the auto bush out, the rb25 input shaft will most probably run on it. 10 min job.

end result >

post-29915-1236337733_thumb.jpg

g.

Edited by G-R31