SAU Community

Whats This Problem?

Drove my car today and it feels laggy between 2500rpm to about 3000rpm, when I put my foot down, it feels like there is a flat spot, then it suddenly picks up and revs fine until just over 4000, and I get this "pu pu pu pu" sound coming out of my exhaust in very quick succession, kinda like the sound when you fart. :glare: and the car hesitate a little bit, then continues to rev.

I'm think it maybe a blocked cat?? or dirty AFM?? But I only just replaced the cat to a new catco ceremic high flow one like 1 month ago. I recently also change the panel filter to a high flowed pipercross one. I still run the stock ecu and the car is basically stock. Could the panel filter cause the car to run extra rich and stuff up the cat?

Any one experienced anything similar or have an idea of what it might be?

sounds like afm problem dude. clean them both up with contact cleaner or something similar and give that a go. also clean up both ur afm plug connectors. if not i'd be guessing one of them's stuffed. hope that helps mate.

Have you unwrapped the filter from the plastic? Don't laugh, I've seen it before

Also, sounds like you are having fuel system issues. Pump, filter etc. Clean the AFM and check for air leaks in the system first but I think you will still need to check your fuel system before you get to the bottom of it.

Drove the car today and it was fine. So its not a blocked cat. I'm leaning towards the AFMs, plugs or coils.

Fuel issue is a possibilities, but I've only just replaced the fuel pump recently.

Anyway.. the problem has gone away for the time being. Going to service my car on monday and see how it goes.

Edited by __PhaseShiftDown