SAU Community

Targa Tasmania 2009

Kel

The thing is though that if Ben can do what he needs to do to fix/fit it and it works the way I am hoping then I will have forgotten about it all in a weeks time and I'll just be happy!

But I don't think Ben will be hurrying back to get another one from there any-time soon since it's him that has to fix all their problems. It's a shame though as their standard off the shelf unit was pretty nice. But I think if they could actually do these cross-flow units well they'd sell a bunch of them.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes mate, pure error from how entries are administered when they first come in. if not already, it will be corrected shortly.

Just curious, but I thought the consensus was 4wd turbo cars not allowed in late classic?

http://targa.com.au/Competitors/profile.ph...c%20Competition

Probably just a mistake, but im sure our good buddy Stu will clear this up :pirate:

Entry numbers look pretty strong Stuart - good to see :P

So when are all the non-Tassie competitors planning to arrive in Tassie?

I was speaking to someone the other day who was talking about getting down there mid April so they could get in 2 full weeks of reccy :ermm:

Entry numbers look pretty strong Stuart - good to see :P

So when are all the non-Tassie competitors planning to arrive in Tassie?

I was speaking to someone the other day who was talking about getting down there mid April so they could get in 2 full weeks of reccy :ermm:

Hey kel, benny told me he is hitting our shores tuesday morning. bring and early lol!

Out of curiousity do you know anything about someone running the DK 32 this year, I was down at my mate adam's (knows Tony and Steve) workshop today and saw it there? Didn't have time to stop and ask about it as I was in a hurry. But would be cool if it is, its a tuff car!

Hey kel, benny told me he is hitting our shores tuesday morning. bring and early lol!

Out of curiousity do you know anything about someone running the DK 32 this year, I was down at my mate adam's (knows Tony and Steve) workshop today and saw it there? Didn't have time to stop and ask about it as I was in a hurry. But would be cool if it is, its a tuff car!

Not sure if there are plans for someone to run the DK32 but I think it could still there by accident.

It was meant to come back up after Wrestpoint but a certain r35 involved in an off-road adenture was put on the trailer instead.

we just let everyone know you were competing kel and the mail doesn't stop!!

:D

it's not me- it's my driver (aka the elephant man) that would be responsible for that.

i'm sure everyone's going to be watching to see how Steve gets his helmet over those ears.

:D

it's not me- it's my driver (aka the elephant man) that would be responsible for that.

i'm sure everyone's going to be watching to see how Steve gets his helmet over those ears.

I heard its a special one off with cut outs for the ears!!

Im thinking of going down to spectate with some mates, never been before..

At this stage will it be difficult to find accommodation?

Any tips appreciated :)

Well considering a month ago someone on here was struggling i'd say yes, backpackers/cosy cabins might be available or a caravan park if your desperate.

Id say cosy cabins hadspen would be a start

Thanks guys, I will call around soon and see whats available.

Also, would you suggest going down for the whole time (tues-sun) or go down for part of it, say friday-sunday?

If anything you'd be better off chopping the end off if you can't spare the entire 6 days.... I'd suggest Day 0 Prologue through to at least the end of day 3. The stages are much more accessible and the teams come back each night to Launceston.

If anything you'd be better off chopping the end off if you can't spare the entire 6 days.... I'd suggest Day 0 Prologue through to at least the end of day 3. The stages are much more accessible and the teams come back each night to Launceston.

Thanks, never thought of it that way.

Time on the weekend is less of an issue than during the week(have to take time off work) and the overall cost of the trip is my second concern hence wondering if its not worth going for the whole time.

Not to mention the # of cars at the end won't be the same as the start unfortunately. So if you want to see the whole field make sure you at lease see day 0.

I dunno, some are lucky to make it to georgetown before boiling or needing a rebuild!!!

What's happened to Russ in all these talks? Is he still coming? And what of the rumours of his off sider coming too in the EVO?

It's not like Russ not to talk it up before an event - or is he just concentrating on Super-lap for now?

Russ is there, has secured his new Nav as of yesterday.

There was talk of The Offsider doing Rookie for shits and giggles, but I think that's been canned now.

Obviously Superlap has been the main focus to date, but I do have the truck booked for our cars now, so it's all systems go :)

I Russ' defense I know how busy he's been with work so it's no wonder he hasn't had time to come on and explain why Timmy and I will be passing him over Cethana ;)