SAU Community

Targa Tasmania 2009

Kel

Slightly off topic since our 32 isn't doing Targa this year, but we also got corner weighting sorted this past weekend.

The car is still Targa spec - just no nav included this time.

Hopefully still an interesting comparison though.

So at the risk of us and the car sounding overweight we're now set with:

FL 433kg

FR 471kg

RL 307kg

RR 346kg

Diagonal cross weights of 779.5kg vs 780.5kg.

Will be interesting to see the difference when Duncan runs the car at the first round of the state champs (Eastern Creek) in 2 weeks.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the sounds of things it would have almost been quicker for someone to whip you one up!

But seriously where has the service in Australia gone? Ive recently ordered a few bits from the UK from two different providers (AST & pacenote.com) and they were both hot to reply to my emails and once ordered items were here in 5 business days.

Yet last week it took 5 days for something to come from sydney "supposedly express post" and ive been trying to get a few things from Revolution and they don't reply to emails and ive since just gone ahead and ordered on their site, put in all my details (inc CC number) and that is coming up on 5 business days and i haven't hear boo from them nor has my card been debited....

SERIOUSLY I AM TRYING TO GIVE YOU BUSINESS!!!

just to add to Snowy's rant

My annoyance comes from the whole damn process.

I rang them up originally to try and get the best possible solution for my over-heating issues. I rang and spoke to them and was told tha their standard 42mm design was the best possible option. I then was randomly chatting to Penno about it and he said "no that's rubbish they can do a cross flow radiator - they have done them before for him and for Mark/Russ but I needed to speak to specific person about it.

So I rang them back (this was a day after the initial order) andspoke to the "right" person and he agreed to cancel the 1st order and make the new one. He then asked me when I needed it and I said well I need it for March 12th which was 4 weeks away and he said that it'd be done easliy by then.

2 days later the radiator turns up - but its the original down flow one that was cancelled. I rang to ask what happened and the response was "well we had one of those sitting here on the floor already so we just thought we'd send that one instead. If you don't want it just send it back and when it gets here we'll make the new one".

WTF??

Anyhoo that was back in Feb so no massive panic until last week comes around and the thing still hasn't come. Ring AGAIN and ask and was told yep it's all good and will be shipped on the 6th. With the long weekend that left me with little time to get it fitted, car tuned and the alignment etc done (since the car can't do anything until the damn thing turns up!)

Today comes - still not here - I ask why not and get told it's because its a new job (they have never done one for an R34 before) so they have to make up the drawings first. But they told me 4 weeks ago it's be no problems to be done in time for this week. When I reminded him of that he said "yeah but we sent you one originally" and I replied that it wasn't what I ordered so how's that my fault!!?

The annoying part is there's nothing I can do about it except whinge here!!

I can't stick another rad in and do the test day as the whole point of the day was to see if the temp issue is sorted and if not try and learn how to drive around it.

yeah that sucks. not much point in testing without knowing if the new rad will cure the problem or not... bummer. sometimes PWR have been awesome, sometimes they are not. I've ordered a few complete custom rads from there before and they were super fast, but a couple of times there were fkups. they are the best though.

Real bummer Snowy, wish there was something I could do to help. :)

If you're ordering the horizontal flow version with the integral oil cooler, rest assured it will be spot on. When you eventually get it!