SAU Community

Targa Tasmania 2009

Kel

Lol! the number of people that say they are going to enter and the number that actually do is far from equal. I hear all the time people say yep im gonna enter my *insert crappy daily* next year.

I lol! and give up on explaining the costs, eligibility requirements etc

but seriously you cant just enter, you apply and if you meet the selection criteria you are invited to compete.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm, guessing you're not the best of friends huh?

I don't know much about the model, but you're allowed to run whatever driveline the vehicle series came with. ie, if an RB25DET was available, you'd enter it as a Cefiro RB25DET. If the largets engine was an RB20DET... then that's the best you can run.

For istance, my r32 GTS-t has the RB20DET, but if I were to enter the vehicle as an R32GTS25, then I would be able to run the RB25DE, but NOT the turbo DET version.

That's my understanding of the rules for this era of vehicle.

Now, earlier vehicle I believe can have much looser regulations if they run in "modified", ie, Toranas with 7L Chevs. 5 link rear ends etc etc... but not this era.

Hopefully Stewed Balls will pop on and answer this much neater....

Hmmm, guessing you're not the best of friends huh?

I don't know much about the model, but you're allowed to run whatever driveline the vehicle series came with. ie, if an RB25DET was available, you'd enter it as a Cefiro RB25DET. If the largets engine was an RB20DET... then that's the best you can run.

For istance, my r32 GTS-t has the RB20DET, but if I were to enter the vehicle as an R32GTS25, then I would be able to run the RB25DE, but NOT the turbo DET version.

That's my understanding of the rules for this era of vehicle.

Now, earlier vehicle I believe can have much looser regulations if they run in "modified", ie, Toranas with 7L Chevs. 5 link rear ends etc etc... but not this era.

Hopefully Stewed Balls will pop on and answer this much neater....

Thanks for the reply.

It's just some would be "drifter" I'm trying to call out..

Tugga is definately AASA mate :D

Thats, that one down then (I wasnt sure). Now for the engine swap.

Targa knocked me back over having a 3.0lt in a 2.7lt 911 shell about 5 years ago... Well that was the reason I got. Hence being skeptical I guess.

there’s no chance a rb25det cefiro would have been given the tick for 2010...

one, it would have come across my desk to confirm in principal compliance to the rules (which obviously it does met)

two, formal entries for 2010 have not even opened!

if this guy is serious, please ask him to call the event office before hes wastes dead money on building an ineligible car. the flip side of that is that is that if the car is simply declared as an rb20det and run on the quiet as an rb25det it maybe tested for compliance on capacity as is being introduced this year and an extra 500cc is hardly within reconditioning tolerance!

Dad is running again this year with Ray Vandersee in the Skelta.

atm we are helping Paul Bergman get his R33 GTR N1 ready for it to compete in targa again, should do well this year.

Targa Tas is definatly a must do in a lifetime, will get there one day :D

no drama josh, hate to see people wasting cash on stuff thats pointless

speaking of a pointless waste of money, my Evo III will soon be for sale guys, pretty much ready to run tarmac car with nice welded cage, new coilovers, new clutch, nice recaro seats... 15k to take it home and i think that is a pretty good price!

Phew!

Brakes flushed, intercom in, roll cage padding on, wipers on, one muffler removed, Timmy's foot plate finished, bolt check, spare wheel mount in, and last but not least, advertising stickers on the front sump skid plate :D

Phew!

Brakes flushed, intercom in, roll cage padding on, wipers on, one muffler removed, Timmy's foot plate finished, bolt check, spare wheel mount in, and last but not least, advertising stickers on the front sump skid plate :P

Sounds like someone's been busy :)

I practiced getting my HANs on and off today - attaching and unattaching the clips to the posts with my helmet on.

Yes I know I'm a dag but it was a pain in the arse trying to learn it on the fly at Rally Tas.

The names read like race winners if nothing else. European ring-ins? :)
haha, well, I'm just english convict blood, while Timmy, as he would put it after a few drinks, is, "Blue hair, blonde eyes, - - of a superior race!"

I blame it all on WWII, family would have never moved out here and I would have been born in the fatherland. probably would have been lapping the ring since i was 8 years old... a model citizen!

Well I got my Cobb Pro dongle today so if any of the R35 guys are running a Cobb in their car and want a custom tune rather than one of the pre-set base ones I can now help them out. It's a cool little bit of kit and will have a play with my one before I come to Tassie.