SAU Community

Targa Tasmania 2009

Kel

Thanks Scott, Kel, :) I Timmy has balls of steel I reckon, a real pro ;)

I think a roof view or bumper view could better relay the actual pace of it.... probably the lower the better?

I need to sort out a camera now, as this POV was Dan's!

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Scott, Kel, ;) I Timmy has balls of steel I reckon, a real pro :D

I think a roof view or bumper view could better relay the actual pace of it.... probably the lower the better?

I need to sort out a camera now, as this POV was Dan's!

Oh the withdrawals!!!!

I was planning on buying a POV for the Rally season start next week, but meh too much other crap has come up recently...

Maybe if we get one each, multi angle :D

And apparently the POV is good for the bedroom too?

Oh the withdrawals!!!!

I was planning on buying a POV for the Rally season start next week, but meh too much other crap has come up recently...

Maybe if we get one each, multi angle :D

And apparently the POV is good for the bedroom too?

Now why on earth would anyone want to see multi angles of you and Wooster in the bedroom Timmay? :P

I think you are right Ben the lower the faster it seems. You check out this vid and it seems like the car is going 200mph (about 1:00 in)

Don't forget Targa is on the telly this weekend!

From Helen @ Octagon's email this morning...

Australia's top tarmac rally will be on show in lounge rooms around the country this weekend, with the Seven Network broadcasting a one-hour special on Targa Tasmania on Sunday at 12 noon. Locally in Tasmania, it will show on Southern Cross TV.

I'm guessing your driving skillz -particularly when it comes to field plowing - will feature prominently Benny :)

Don't forget Targa is on the telly this weekend!

From Helen @ Octagon's email this morning...

Australia's top tarmac rally will be on show in lounge rooms around the country this weekend, with the Seven Network broadcasting a one-hour special on Targa Tasmania on Sunday at 12 noon. Locally in Tasmania, it will show on Southern Cross TV.

I'm guessing your driving skillz -particularly when it comes to field plowing - will feature prominently Benny :)

lol I guess they might, I can only hope they set the record straight and state that the only reason we ever left the road was due to bad and/or late navigator calls :)

Well if you want to be on TV it seems you need to be either in Showroom, Outright Classic or Modern.

I don't know why they bother with the other catagories really :P

Anyhoo - it got me thinking way ahead for a couple of years time of looking at Classic cars (since the budget for Modern is plain silly). I was under the impression that the upper date for classics moved but it seems it is now stuck at 1990. Is that the case (Stu?) and how long is 1990 likely to remain the upper limit for Classics? I was looking at some 1992 cars for the 2011 race but I take it they won't be available for Classics?

Na I'm thinking either an NSX or RX7 but which ones will depend on the data.

I really wanted to do an NSX Type R but thats a 1992 car. Having said that there was nothing majorly special about the Type R other than suspension and weight - which I can do both under the rules regardless.

Well if you want to be on TV it seems you need to be either in Showroom, Outright Classic or Modern.

I don't know why they bother with the other catagories really :banana:

Anyhoo - it got me thinking way ahead for a couple of years time of looking at Classic cars (since the budget for Modern is plain silly). I was under the impression that the upper date for classics moved but it seems it is now stuck at 1990. Is that the case (Stu?) and how long is 1990 likely to remain the upper limit for Classics? I was looking at some 1992 cars for the 2011 race but I take it they won't be available for Classics?

You shouldn't necessarily change your car and category just so you can get on the dvd. Not everyone gets on the dvd as ben said and it even states in their policy you aren't gauranteed coverage http://www.targa.com.au/Competitors/Publicity.html

If all else fails you could drive through a fence? I wouldn't recommend it though!

Geeze talk about original... maybe we should go with something different benny? Delorean? atleast then we could go back in time and change history in the unlikely event we got beaten by these sheep!

Next thing you know Classic will be called the 32 GTSt Invitationals!