SAU Community

Centre Gauge Mount

R33_NICK

ive bought this holder for my gauges

post-54418-1236412923_thumb.jpg

does anyone know whether its legal to mount the gauges on top of the centre console for R33s?

Edited by R33_NICK

I think it depends what state your in. But generally anything in the crash area is illegal, so the top of dash would be illegal yes. Ah, i see your in WA (saw thread from main page), i have no idea, ring the place that you would normally take your car to get clear a defect. Here in SA its regency, in WA i have no idea.

it sits slightly higher but doesnt overly block my vision plus i sit close to the steering wheel and im only using 52mm gauges anyway. if its defectable, is there any alternative to gauges or is there any way to mount the gauges within my line of vision? cuz i dont want them to sit below the air con vents or anywhere i cant see them.

any help would be great cuz i already have the holder and the gauges

Edited by R33_NICK

Here in WA as long as they don't impair vision and sit too high over dash like higher than steeringwheel its fine. But u can always put steeringwheel to highest setting if u get stickered and have to go over pits.

every cop has their own opinion on whats legal and whats not and if they want to get you for it they will. You can be done for your GPS or radar detector aswell as that sits in your line of vision.

this is how it looks like when trial fitting

post-54418-1236492088_thumb.jpg

moved seat back for taller drivers

post-54418-1236492074_thumb.jpg

outside

post-54418-1236492055_thumb.jpg

from my seating position

and when i look at it from the front of my car it doesnt sit higher than my steering wheel while on the inside it appears to be a little bit higher. what do you guys think? will it pass the pits?

Edited by R33_NICK

well i recon it will be ok ivv got a 2x 52mm gauge holder where u have yours and its A ok. But if you are warried take it to the pits places make a booking and get a permit for it,,, it is the safe way eaven just put gauges with no wireing and velcro it down so the inspector can pass it,,,

takes bugger all time and while he is there u can ask him to check under ur hood mabe mabe NOT!!!!

well i recon it will be ok ivv got a 2x 52mm gauge holder where u have yours and its A ok. But if you are warried take it to the pits places make a booking and get a permit for it,,, it is the safe way eaven just put gauges with no wireing and velcro it down so the inspector can pass it,,,

takes bugger all time and while he is there u can ask him to check under ur hood mabe mabe NOT!!!!

cheers good to hear that it can be used. how much is it usually to get a permit?

anyone has it on their cars as well?

Edited by R33_NICK