SAU Community

No Chit Chat - Just Results

Guest snotass

i see i see.

have u looked at other options like a barrel water-air or similar? just some ideas as it seems ur going pretty out there and prolly chasing every little bit and i guess a std cooler setup is going to be alot heavier and have alot more length of piping

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest snotass
i see i see.

have u looked at other options like a barrel water-air or similar? just some ideas as it seems ur going pretty out there and prolly chasing every little bit and i guess a std cooler setup is going to be alot heavier and have alot more length of piping

Have looked at dry ice tube cooler and a a couple of other options, not positive sure what i will end up with at this stage - either way there will be a meduim between the comp and plenum.

The NOS will be mixed with 109 and not meth as we think it's to cool and will have adverse effects

The NOS will be mixed with 109 and not meth as we think it's to cool and will have adverse effects

not even worth running the gas on the transbrake to get it off the line with the meth? i guess its a choice of running the gas with meth and possibly risking an engine or playing it safe with the 109, i guess its a no brainer hey :)

so what ecu/ignition/timing setup is on it? (sorry for the gazillion questions lol)

Guest snotass
not even worth running the gas on the transbrake to get it off the line with the meth? i guess its a choice of running the gas with meth and possibly risking an engine or playing it safe with the 109, i guess its a no brainer hey :)

so what ecu/ignition/timing setup is on it? (sorry for the gazillion questions lol)

EMS 8860

• 1 month later...

Last i heard it was supposed to be ready for the last hi tech titles (drag meeting) here in Perth, but the torque convertor didnt arrive in time and now the drag season is finished so its wait till late in the year now unless theres a test and tune in the mean time. This is just info i read on another forum so dont qoute me on this :)

The input of energy required by a change of state from liquid to vapor at constant temperature is called the latent heat of vaporization. When a liquid undergoes a change to vapor state at normal boiling point the temperature of the liquid will not rise beyond the temperature of the boiling point.

The specific latent heat of vaporization is the amount of heat required to convert unit mass of a liquid into the vapor without a change in temperature.

Product Latent Heat of Evaporation

(kJ/kg) (Btu/lb)

Acetic acid 402 173

Acetone 518 223

Alcohol 896 385

Alcohol, ethyl (ethanol) 846 364

Alcohol, methyl (methanol) 1100 473

Alcohol, propyl 779 335

Ammonia 1369 589

Aniline 450 193

Benzene 390 168

Bromine 193 83

Carbon dioxide 574 247

Carbon disulfide 351 151

Carbon tetrachloride 194 83

Chloroform 247 106

Decane 263 113

Dodecane 256 110

Ether 377 162

Ethylene glycol 800 344

Freon refrigerant R-11 180 77

Freon refrigerant R-11 165 71

Freon refrigerant R-11 232 100

Glycerine 974 419

Helium 21 9

Heptane 318 137

Hexane 365 157

Hydrogen 461 198

Iodine 164 71

Kerosene 251 108

Mercury 295 127

Nitrogen 199 86

Octane 298 128

Oxygen 214 92

Propane 428 184

Propylene 342 147

Propylene glycol 914 393

Sulphur 1510 650

Toluene 351 151

Turpentine 293 126

Water 2257 970.4

* 1 kJ/kg = 0.43 Btu/lbm = 0.24 kcal/kg

Latent heat of evaporation at atmospheric pressure.

[/color]

nice table dude , dont know if my thoughts are relivant but would methanol still vapourise at high pressure.

as pressure in plenum rises (presumably to 2-3bar)the evaporation temp of fuel should rise too if you dont get high enough for fuel vapourisation temp in the (pressurised)intake the latent heat absorbtion during vapourization wouldn t happen.

nice results and setup, im assuming the dyno graphs were engine dyno? looked at a dyno dynamics engine dyno a few weeks back but id love to get my hands on a superflow item.... very nice.

good luck with the car and i hope you hurt some of the ego's out there :thumbsup:

Guest snotass
Last i heard it was supposed to be ready for the last hi tech titles (drag meeting) here in Perth, but the torque convertor didnt arrive in time and now the drag season is finished so its wait till late in the year now unless theres a test and tune in the mean time. This is just info i read on another forum so dont qoute me on this :)

You heard right unique 1, may i ask which forum you may have read this on please?The TCE converter is on it's way to as we speak, they simply got "bogged" down with a heavy work load being the end of the season and all.

Guest snotass
nice results and setup, im assuming the dyno graphs were engine dyno? looked at a dyno dynamics engine dyno a few weeks back but id love to get my hands on a superflow item.... very nice. Engine dyno and no inflated values, if anything under rated.

good luck with the car and i hope you hurt some of the ego's out there :).We will and thanks for the support

You heard right unique 1, may i ask which forum you may have read this on please?The TCE converter is on it's way to as we speak, they simply got "bogged" down with a heavy work load being the end of the season and all.

Antilag.com from smiley "datsqik" (i think thats how its spelt).

Guest snotass
Antilag.com from smiley "datsqik" (i think thats how its spelt).

Yeh your correct as i spoke to Smiley from Datsqik Hardcore Japengines today , smiley is actually my head mechanic and the builder and tuner of my engine . Great value and a very cluey chap, has been paying with Turbo charged applications before 75% of current players were even born.