SAU Community

Where To Get Pressure From For An Ebc?

Hey guys,

just a quicky, Ive installed my Gizzmo ms-ibc boost controller, but I havent cut a line yet to run the pressure off.

The manuel says to get it from the fuel pressure regulator line (i.e the line sticking out of the plenum to the fuel rail), but I have heard that this can be dangerous if something goes wrong with the fuel pressure? maybe I just dreamt this?

The manuel also says not to get it from the bov... but thats where I have been getting my boost gauge readings from and that has been accurate.

I just want to make sure before I cut in the wrong place and do damage :D

Cheers,

Adam

P.S i searched a few different things and couldnt really find what I was after

Hey guys,

just a quicky, Ive installed my Gizzmo ms-ibc boost controller, but I havent cut a line yet to run the pressure off.

The manuel says to get it from the fuel pressure regulator line (i.e the line sticking out of the plenum to the fuel rail), but I have heard that this can be dangerous if something goes wrong with the fuel pressure? maybe I just dreamt this?

The manuel also says not to get it from the bov... but thats where I have been getting my boost gauge readings from and that has been accurate.

I just want to make sure before I cut in the wrong place and do damage :P

Cheers,

Adam

P.S i searched a few different things and couldnt really find what I was after

Adam,

I have a gismo MS-IBC running on my R33SER2 for about a year and teed into the fuel pressure reg line before the regulator and this one runs to yor boost solinoid and then tee into where the factory boost gauge picks up it's signal from the back of the plenum and run this one through the firewall to the controller in the cab,you will have no problems with this set up and it is accurate.You don,t tee into the line to your bov as this can give false pressure readings to both the gauge/controler and your bov as well.

Thanks very much mate, really handy... 1 thing though, I may have a few differences to a normal turbo setup as I added a turbo to this engine? ... obveously I dont have a factory boost guage so I don't know where you guys get your signals by default.

one final thing. you said you tee'd it before the regulator... where is that exactly? :P

cheers

The dangerous part is if the fuel reg splits and pumps fuel down the vac line inside the car. But by that time it would have also pumped fuel into the intake manifold. Im pretty sure most people tap off that line. I have also.

Thanks very much mate, really handy... 1 thing though, I may have a few differences to a normal turbo setup as I added a turbo to this engine? ... obveously I dont have a factory boost guage so I don't know where you guys get your signals by default.

one final thing. you said you tee'd it before the regulator... where is that exactly? :P

cheers

Before the reg is between the end of the plenum where the pressure line originates and before it goes into the pressure reg.What car are you fitting it to?

tee it to the stock boost guage sensor. with the valve get it from the charcol canistor vac port in plenum (near the throttle body) not of the intercooler plumbing, it will give you a much more stable control..

His car was originally an NA GTS4, now turbo...

Did you grab a turbo inlet manifold?

I need to put mine in, depending when you are doing yours we can do them on the same day and work out which bit are different if need be...

thanks ryan,

its all in except for plugging in the solenoid and teeing the pressure line.

i'll try to get it tuned in the next few weeks and if I can't, happy to do it with ya :cool:

also.. no I didnt change the manifold either... so its still an n/a manifold...

and I guess I didnt imagine that there can be issues teeing it off the fuel stuff... so apart from the stock boost gauge sender(which I dont have) where else should I be going off? TO4gtr... your talking about the small line that comes off the top right of the throttle body yeh?