SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

That is actually the case here :P

Just been offered a position up in NT, 20k more a year on a 7 on 7 off roster, flights to cairns paid for. Interesting.

Sounds good. But Cairns <> NT?

Didn't you hear? NT Bought Cairns from QLD....

Sounds good. But Cairns <> NT?

It's out on site at Groote Eyelant, they fly you to either Darwin or Cairns. Cairns would be my pick as I'd like to still live in Brisbane.

I'm considering the position but it could be difficult with already renting here, have gf here etc.

It's out on site at Groote Eyelant, they fly you to either Darwin or Cairns. Cairns would be my pick as I'd like to still live in Brisbane.

I'm considering the position but it could be difficult with already renting here, have gf here etc.

Well not really... just fly in fly out.... misses stays at the house whilst your up north... besides she runabouting in NY lol .

7 on 7 off is a f**kin epic roster. 20k more to work 6 months of the year lol. Sounds like a decent deal. I'm waiting to hear back on whether our stuff out in WA is going to take off. But our rosters are shit and it's only 40% loading.

would be about 5K a year for the 52 flights you'd need to, take out tax as well and your probably up 10K, which isn't bad at all.

Naah the replacements are all 22" widescreen thingos. Not even full 1080P :down:

How the hell does anyone get any work done on those things?

I'd rather bring in my own monitor instead of use those sort of things.

Edited by sneakey pete

7 on 7 off is a f**kin epic roster. 20k more to work 6 months of the year lol. Sounds like a decent deal. I'm waiting to hear back on whether our stuff out in WA is going to take off. But our rosters are shit and it's only 40% loading.

7/7 is only used on two sites, groote eyelandt and the one in Mt Isa, I think because they're both quite remote.

20k is the site allowance annually. There's also away from home allowance of $14 per day, as well as the 4.5 hours overtime we have to do as they work 12 hour days. It works out to be around 370 per day. They pay for accomodation, your food, internet etc.

would be about 5K a year for the 52 flights you'd need to, take out tax as well and your probably up 10K, which isn't bad at all.

How the hell does anyone get any work done on those things?

I'd rather bring in my own monitor instead of use those sort of things.

Yeah + overtime and all the other allowances. Minus the cost of food and living expenses out there it would end up being quite a bit more.

7/7 is only used on two sites, groote eyelandt and the one in Mt Isa, I think because they're both quite remote.

20k is the site allowance annually. There's also away from home allowance of $14 per day, as well as the 4.5 hours overtime we have to do as they work 12 hour days. It works out to be around 370 per day. They pay for accomodation, your food, internet etc.

Yeah it depends on the work you do aswell. I find most of the consultants and IT people get the better rosters. For the kind of stuff I'm looking at, supervision/site engineer/coordinator what ever they want to call it, the best roster would probably be 2 weeks on 1 week off. For Multiplex the standard is 3 weeks on 1 week off. I'd probably prefer it that way as you get f**k all done in a week anyway, long term planning especially would become a pain.

Yeah it depends on the work you do aswell. I find most of the consultants and IT people get the better rosters. For the kind of stuff I'm looking at, supervision/site engineer/coordinator what ever they want to call it, the best roster would probably be 2 weeks on 1 week off. For Multiplex the standard is 3 weeks on 1 week off. I'd probably prefer it that way as you get f**k all done in a week anyway, long term planning especially would become a pain.

Ours are a bit more flexible as we contract to the client and while IT is a critical service each of us are easily replaced so it's not like a site supervisor where if you're missing for 10 minutes the whole plant could fall apart. To the right people, supervisors with experience on site are big dollar positions, some of the project directors I know of are on the better side of 400.

Yeah you don't get to Project Director on jobs that size by being useless lol. Most of those guys have got shitloads of experience on big jobs. I'll be happy looking after (read - f**king up) a small bit of rail somewhere or a bridge or some mine facilities. Much easier than residential construction

wow this place has become very lively in the last few days.

whats this i read about a Petrie outting?? (sorry to lazy to read 4 pages to find it)

Option one is gooood for tires. got mine there, and the first place ive found that can actually balance a tire propperly. specific sizes take a few days to get so call them in advance.

Option one is gooood for tires. got mine there, and the first place ive found that can actually balance a tire propperly. specific sizes take a few days to get so call them in advance.

Everyone seems to be telling me the same thing so might give them a buzz and pick up some federals for $210 each... or the achillies ones for $170 each.. hmm :O worth the extra $80?

Yeah you don't get to Project Director on jobs that size by being useless lol. Most of those guys have got shitloads of experience on big jobs. I'll be happy looking after (read - f**king up) a small bit of rail somewhere or a bridge or some mine facilities. Much easier than residential construction

Most of those guys have just moved up over time. Happen to be in the right place at the right time and network their way around the company. Everyone reckons qualifications will land you the bucks but it's certainly who you know when you're inside the company. One of the guys up north started off as an apprentice sparky 10 years ago, now the electrical engineering manager for the project.

I'm hoping to do a bit of project management myself soon as I often find myself directing most of the other teams around when we're doing project work. Not many people take too well to a 21 year old telling em' what to do!

Also, have an eboost 2 black face here for sale, used, no box. Perfect working condition (not like anything can go wrong with these anyway). New ones retail around the $795 from justjap, it's for my housemate so make an offer. He was considering the $450 mark.