SAU Community

Incar TV running with Alpine Headunit

mtopxsecret6

Hello, i just have a quick question.... Im looking at buying an in car tv screen, not a name brand. This will be to run the ps2. But, how do you connect the audio from the ps2 into the rest of the system? I have the double din alpine md headunit. Im assuming the video goes straight into the tv screen.. How would it be set up for powerup etc? Like, when the ps2 is powered up, the screen is only powered up at the time? Also, because i have a double din HU, where would be a good spot to mount the screen?

Thanks a million guys.

make an install pod into ur glovebox or something, nice and safe there.

If ur HU doesnt have an aux in, then ur gonna have to use rca splitters or something, and connect the audio to ur amp while ur head unit speakers r connected to ur amp.

that way the ps2's signals r going to amp aswell as HU signals, then u can use whichever one u want at different times.

if it has aux in, then get a converter that converts from RCA to audio in kinda plug and plug it in there.

ur HU will know when the PS2 is on, because there'll be an AUX in signal coming to it.

there should be a power button ur monitor...otherwise it'd be on always.

if thats the case, then u'll have to build a circuit to make it power on when the ps2 is only on, this'd be difficult..i dont know how...maybe ask at Jaycar or something.

with the ainet in you can buy the cable to set it up as aaux in. QAudio should have it.

in regards to screen placement not above the topof the dash.

if you need a few ideas on the ps2 setup email me.

• 2 weeks later...