Skyline Car Club

DIOR 33

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, time for me to weigh in with my thoughts...

I honestly think that sadly this club is destined to failure... People are already attacking it, ideas aren't being listened to, constructive criticism is being taken as abuse and advice is seemingly ignored. Whether I am interpreting this wrong or not I don't know but that's how it looks from my keyboard. Yes you can say, I wasn't there last night, rah rah rah and you would be spot on but being honest, I can't see what this club can offer me that something like the Nissan Datsun Car Club can't. All this talk about names like SkyStag, etc, I personally think is a no no. If you are setting up a club using this forum, it should be SAU:SA, no other choice, otherwise organise it off the forum or via PM. PranK the owner of these forums doesn't need you soliciting members using his forums that he generously makes available to all at no cost to you. I take it you have messaged him to get his blessing on this club also as I asked early on in the game?

I don't mean this post to come across as harsh, I don't want to hurt any feelings (though inevitably I'm sure it will) This is just MY view of things. Now, if Kellie wants this thread closed, PM me and I'll do so, if not, I'll leave it open but keep a close eye on it

Luke & others, I think this thread should stay open to weigh up everyone's opinion and hopefully to contribute constructively.

Apart from a couple of stupid comments, I don't think it's gotten too far out of hand.

I think that if this is to succeed, people need to retain cool heads......having said that, setting something like this up will always be subject to a little tension which IMO is fine.

If however it does fall through, I'd rather it be by it's own undoing and not because we have interfered by locking threads..............that's not to say it won't happen if slagging escalates.

Soz guys i couldnt make it last night (indoor soccer training...ugh)

after skimming thru most of the posts posted last night/today

perhaps constructive criticism should be PM's to Kellie? so that no one else wastes time posting needless comments on here?

+1 for the pay $20 or so, to show your interest in the club, coz if this is going to be non-profit etc... members need to fund events themselves and advertise a bit.

(bbq day sounds like a great idea, not too sure about turnout tho, if say 20 odd people show up that would be $400ish towards the club which would immensly help the organisers)

i think now its time for the ppl deeply involved to look at legalities maybe? and for me, a keen future member, to show up to these events.!!

and as far as name for the club...can be still left undecided for now, not a big issue currently...funding should be. no fund, no club. simple as that.

last thing, if ppl are willing to spend their own time helping out the club, whether its organising or whatever should be able to do so, despite not owning a nissan skyline.

just my opinion =)

p.s. ima be there for the BBQ, will be good to finally meet some other skyline/nissan enthusiasts =)

100% accurate. SAUSA is the best one (IMHO) so far, and Damo was spot on with the affiliation and the assistance of the other groups as a template

Troy has the right idea too...$20 isnt much to ask for a donation (esp when it comes with a sausage and piece of bread)... provided this horrendous stagline name gets shot down at the bbq lol..

-D

These are both right i think SAU-SA is the best option in my opinion

If however it does fall through, I'd rather it be by it's own undoing and not because we have interfered by locking threads..............that's not to say it won't happen if slagging escalates.

i think if slagging escalates the people involved should get a holiday not necessarily close the thread

Ok, time for me to weigh in with my thoughts...

I honestly think that sadly this club is destined to failure... People are already attacking it, ideas aren't being listened to, constructive criticism is being taken as abuse and advice is seemingly ignored. Whether I am interpreting this wrong or not I don't know but that's how it looks from my keyboard. Yes you can say, I wasn't there last night, rah rah rah and you would be spot on but being honest, I can't see what this club can offer me that something like the Nissan Datsun Car Club can't. All this talk about names like SkyStag, etc, I personally think is a no no. If you are setting up a club using this forum, it should be SAU:SA, no other choice, otherwise organise it off the forum or via PM. PranK the owner of these forums doesn't need you soliciting members using his forums that he generously makes available to all at no cost to you. I take it you have messaged him to get his blessing on this club also as I asked early on in the game?

I don't mean this post to come across as harsh, I don't want to hurt any feelings (though inevitably I'm sure it will) This is just MY view of things. Now, if Kellie wants this thread closed, PM me and I'll do so, if not, I'll leave it open but keep a close eye on it

thats what i was starting to think. it's like this place is full of 13 year old girls with PMS!

every page on here is starting to sound the same as the last.

someone says something that they think will help, then someone says something to shoot them down, then someone would get pissed off and then it starts over again.

goodluck kellie, all the best with this. :banana:

Edited by Import S13

look at my xmas bbq... every1 said there keen, but like 8 ppl rocked up. i know we had commitments... but is 8 ppl all the sa section can show for?

ill back this up but theres too many ive got other commitments today, oh i forgot

i think we have a good base here on sau, y dont we just go back to the post up a week or 2 b4 we want to do out intended event.

wether its a bbq, cruise, track day or what eva. get the word out, who ever is genuinly keen will show n who cares bout the rest.

i no how bad roo fealt for missing one stagea cruise... thats commitment. the post on the cruise thread that night sayong sorry guys had somthing eles to do, cant wait for the pics... oh wish i came isnt!!

having said that i would love to help this cause.

Anyone who wants to come to the bbq PM me or Kell. I'll get onto Kell today and we'll notify you of the location for the BBQ as the PMs come in. Keep in mind its Easter and I've got family to catch up with tho.

I already have in mind the people I'd like on the committee to build this thing up, people who I see as fit for the job, but want to run this past a few others first.

Any further comments in this thread will not be taken seriously, unless they're constructive. We already have a direction in which to run this thing, but valuable tips are welcome. This club will not be based on promises either. You're either going to join the SAU SA club, or you're not. There is no in-between. This is work in progress people!

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a determined bastard :banana: To all you disbelievers who reckon this is destined to fail ... you ain't seen nothing yet. :banana:

Edited by RubyRS4

To me, at the moment, it seems like we are just pledging ideas and trying to convince Ruby and Kel what we think. I think ill stay out of this until the committee is established, so my ideas can be brought forward to group discussion and voted on, rather than open bitching on here.

I say it for the last time, its SAU:SA or its nothing.

Dont worry about the committee thing . Youve already put yourself in charge by the looks

Of course not. Didn't you know clubs get established by people sitting around twiddling their thumbs ... and no one taking charge to get it moving. :P

How you gonna pick the committee roo?? get peoples suggestions then vote maybe?

I want to approach certain people to see if they want to get involved. There are people I believe have certain qualities for certain roles. Then it gets put to a vote. All will be discussed at the BBQ. :D

Edited by RubyRS4

Can I put the name forward,

SSSA - Skylines & Stageas South Australia. That way only discloses to stagea's and skyline's and RB s13's etc are excluded, and is easy to remember etc, doesn't include every letter of the alphabet in it lol

Edited by MR.RB30ET

Yeah I agree, the name is a small part of the actual club lol,

SAU-SA for epic win.

The BBQ will be good, get to meet some of you guys, will be a bit nerve racking for me rolling upto a BBQ with a bunch of people that know each other but myself, outside (gaijing F&F: Tokyo drift) LOL!

We should call it "Fans of medman2damax forever - the club - incorporated - limited - all rights resverved"

OK i have major major hospital-grade back pain and am on some really strong pill and I am USING THAT AS AN EXCUSE to silly things on this forum.

Cheers.

Do the club already just do it.

Can I put the name forward,

SSSA - Skylines & Stageas South Australia. That way only discloses to stagea's and skyline's and RB s13's etc are excluded, and is easy to remember etc, doesn't include every letter of the alphabet in it lol

so if someone driving a 180 or any s chassis car came up with cash to join the club, youd knock em back?