SAU Community

r33 drivers side window

Zoix

i got a series 1 drivers side window playing up, it doesnt move , the black box in the doro clicks and the passenger window and locks all work from the controls on the drivers side.

I would like to know if anyone has had a problem like this and would know where to get a new motor fitted. I'm in brisbane @ belmont.

dude, i'm from brissie too and i'm having the same problem..... window works, but when it gets to the top of it's travel it makes a god-awful grinding noise until I stop it, and then once in a while it seizes up and doesn't move at all.

so yeah..... what he said!! ^ ^ ^

to check if its the switch dissconnect the motor leads just on the left of that black box and connect the terminals to a battery, doesnt matter which way, one goes up the other goes down...

tahts how i know the motor is ****ed. and mine doesnt move at all. :D

Yep ive got the same problem.. my frend took the motor out of it and hooked it up directly to a battery and it stoped seizing then it ***in seized wen we put it back in and now my window i stuck 3/4 way up :D .... and i had the grinding noise xcept it done it like 2 or 3 time going upwards.. had to pull the window up past it..just go to a wrecked and ask for electric window motor n take out jsut the motor... frend got one for liek 50 dolars

if you all want pics of how he took the motor out from the door i can get some for you i think he done some up... jsut say yes and ill try and get them..funny thing also was that my window was out of its runners which was weird cos the only way it culd of done that was if it was totally pulled out..

well i could only see that theres one nut hold the motor in, i undone aht nut and the motor wont move, so It would be great if you did have some pics, would make things alot easy for all of us. and its great to hear that it was only $50 for a motor, atleast I have something to barter with at the wreakers.

thanks for all the help so far :D

I live in wakerley next to gumdale, just down the road from the BP at tingapla.

was over near kelvin grove, till i got caught speeding, and had to move closer to the wharfs (i work there) I just finished work(and yes i was ****ing around for 2 hours because i didnt want to work :D

yeah im up for a cruise when i get my license back :D

28th jan :D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by dan_the_man

probably the motor

nissan australia sells and fits these...

I had to replace mine last year

If i may ask, how much did Nissan charge for the parts? Does your window motor sound quieter now.

All R33's ive ever been in have fairly loud window motors.

• 2 months later...