SAU Community

Os Giken Triple Plate Clutch

hey guys i got a os giken triple plate clutch in my gtr and i have found it way 2 hard to drive, what i wanna know is what are they worth to sell 2nd hand? and does anybody know anyone who is chasing one? as i would rather sell it and downgrade to a button cushion clutch which is alot easier 2 drive.

cheers

andrew

The solid centre os gikens are a prick to drive, I went from a sprung twin to a solid quad - combine that with a 2way diff and its a pig at low speed.

The sprung os twin's are like a std clutch to drive and great in a daily, I'd recommend going that way if your making <450-500rwhp.

I don't know anyone who would want to buy a triple. NPC make twins that hold over 1000hp at the wheels.

You could have it rebuilt as a twin which will improve it's driveability.

Interested how you'd go about modifying this?

R3A.jpg

That design is always going to be tough to drive, dont see what having two three or four plates has to do with it.

Interested how you'd go about modifying this?

R3A.jpg

That design is always going to be tough to drive, dont see what having two three or four plates has to do with it.

30% more surface area on the friction material is always going to make it more harsh to drive. Sprung or unsprung plays a part also but if you want to make an OS triple into a very nicely driveable twin, then you take it to NPC.

NPC clutches are the regular plate style last I saw... didnt know they could also modify the style pictured above.

Yes, they can modify them but the catch is that a triple can only be rebuilt as a twin. The plates are thicker so he can only fit 2 plates in where OS fit 3.

The twins can still be rebuilt as twins.

I have had a few triples done in the past. They drive so nicely afterwards

ive driven it and its very hard 2 drive, well take off anyway, once ur rolling its fine. down shifting is a bit bitey though. i dont think he knows wot type it is dcieve as he bought it from a guy who said thats what clutch was put in it.

heel and toe on downshifts: helps stopping compression lock when your releasing the clutch quickly. my mates R34s got a Tripple plate clutch as well and damn its difficult when your stuck in traffic but i love it :thumbsup: especially once you get it going and shifting.

what about a Nismo slave cylinder upgrade? apparently i heard that this will make the car easier to drive when you have a multi-plate clutch??