SAU Community

Need Help Clearing Defect Notice

DVS-8OR

Hi I need some advice on clearing my defect notices as this is my first time.

The cop had give me defects for

pod filter not boxed

exhaust does not comply with ADR

front mount does not comply

BOV vents to atmo

pedals with no rubber

gauge on a pillar

I have to take it to AUVIS and it was maked full inspection. Is that just a blue slip? Can anyone tell me where in the Liverpool area i can get this cleared?

I have already taken of the pedals and gauge and put but on stock BOV. The major problem that i have now is the exhaust, front mount and pod which i don't have the standard parts for.

Will i pass if i got my exhaust quieten or does it have to be standard? Pod i could make a box out of aluminum. Front mount i don't know

The stupid thing that the cop wrote on the defect paper was that he wrote that my car was skyline GTR when own a gtst

Any help will be much apreiated

Hi I need some advice on clearing my defect notices as this is my first time.

The cop had give me defects for

pod filter not boxed

exhaust does not comply with ADR

front mount does not comply

BOV vents to atmo

pedals with no rubber

gauge on a pillar

I have to take it to AUVIS and it was maked full inspection. Is that just a blue slip? Can anyone tell me where in the Liverpool area i can get this cleared?

I have already taken of the pedals and gauge and put but on stock BOV. The major problem that i have now is the exhaust, front mount and pod which i don't have the standard parts for.

Will i pass if i got my exhaust quieten or does it have to be standard? Pod i could make a box out of aluminum. Front mount i don't know

The stupid thing that the cop wrote on the defect paper was that he wrote that my car was skyline GTR when own a gtst

Liverpool area

well there is Liverpool Exhaust, they can sort your exhaust out at a very affordable price...they customise and fabricate things also

im sure they can help you out with the intercooler and air filter perhaps...

give them a call

let us know how you go

Other than getting proper pedal rubber, it looks as tho' you'll need to keep 2 sets of parts - or have a really good mate with 'stock';

+ FABRICATE evidence!

DREDD Racing makes a nice AIR BOX. Just bought one for $98.00 on e-bay. Also there are some on our trade area. Might be worthwhile putting back your original AIR BOX to clear defect.

Eug.

+ FABRICATE evidence!

yes it is..

but either way, it was obvious the cops sent you to the EPA in the first place anyways

so at the end of the day... as long as you pass thier tests

get the exhaust silenced or find a stock cat back. as the guys said box up the pod or find standard airbox. As for front mount i actually was lucky and kept mine on, got an emissions test done for it at botany and passed, so its legal but just need and engineers for it. Have papers for it stating it complies with adr regulations. might be a cheaper option then taking it off, cause youll end up putting it back on lol.

when i got done for my exhaust and front mount i just got an engineers cert for it to say it was all find and that way you dont need to change anything back to stock (providing it passes emissions test) sometimes an engineers cert is much cheaper than changing everthing back to stock.

thats what i found anyway

how much does an engineering cert cost?

did you have to clear the defects first to get the engineering cert?

i had to get it engineered so i could clear the defects.

the only reason why i got done for my front mount was because i didnt have an engineers for it. so i got one and then it was cleared.

i got it done for $400

well there is Liverpool Exhaust, they can sort your exhaust out at a very affordable price...they customise and fabricate things also

+1

They sorted out my defect issue by installing a stock cat-back. Affordable price, maybe a different story (pretty similar to other places).

Best advice is to keep stock parts aside so you can bail yourself out in future incidents :banana:

+1

most workshops can either do an engineers cert or point you in the right direction. it all depends on what part of sydney your in. i got mine done at a place in botany.

let me tell you what C*CKS some cops can be.... I was in my stock-as-a-rock VL Commodore with my old man driving this morning going down JamesRuseDrive near Parramatta, we drove into a 4-cop-car RBT, just as we pulled up, the stupid F*CKHEAD of the cop confronts my old man and asks him 'Whats he carrying on about ?' referring to me... ALL I DID WAS SHOOK MY F*CKIN HEAD !!! So I stuck my head over and said to the f*ckhead of the cop that 'I was telling my father how unbelieveable it was that we always get picked up in the VL' - which is the truth.... Is that against the f**kin law ????? The cop walks away to RTB the car behind us and the other cop comes up to us and carries on about my attitude and respect ??!!?! F*CK HIM ! I said to the cop 'Respect has to be earnt, not thrust upon someone'.... I swear to God the f*ckhead wouldve arrested me for some pittiful reason if there wasnt two of us in the car....

MY POINT IS .... F*CKIN cops.... Sometimes it doesnt matter how much engineering you do on your car, if the f*ckin kunt of the pig wants to abuse his power and hide behind his bloody badge, there is no engineer's certificate thats gonna save your ass. And people wonder why we get physcos taking to the cops with AK47s !!

let me tell you what C*CKS some cops can be.... I was in my stock-as-a-rock VL Commodore with my old man driving this morning going down JamesRuseDrive near Parramatta, we drove into a 4-cop-car RBT, just as we pulled up, the stupid F*CKHEAD of the cop confronts my old man and asks him 'Whats he carrying on about ?' referring to me... ALL I DID WAS SHOOK MY F*CKIN HEAD !!! So I stuck my head over and said to the f*ckhead of the cop that 'I was telling my father how unbelieveable it was that we always get picked up in the VL' - which is the truth.... Is that against the f**kin law ????? The cop walks away to RTB the car behind us and the other cop comes up to us and carries on about my attitude and respect ??!!?! F*CK HIM ! I said to the cop 'Respect has to be earnt, not thrust upon someone'.... I swear to God the f*ckhead wouldve arrested me for some pittiful reason if there wasnt two of us in the car....

MY POINT IS .... F*CKIN cops.... Sometimes it doesnt matter how much engineering you do on your car, if the f*ckin kunt of the pig wants to abuse his power and hide behind his bloody badge, there is no engineer's certificate thats gonna save your ass. And people wonder why we get physcos taking to the cops with AK47s !!

when you have an attitude like this no wonder the cops give you a hard time. Its the easter long weekend and they have had heaps of RBT's around pulling over people to catch the stupid pricks that drink and drive and could potentially kill your family.

so maybe give the cops a bit of a break. im sure they dont come into your place of work and give you a hard time whilst your doing your job.

i think some people just need to understand the cops are there to help keep our roads safe. sure there are still some tools that get away with way to much while innocent people get hard done by but sometimes its all just part of owning the type of cars we do.

i know my car attracts more attention than a ford or holden or even the old rust bucket that drives down my street every day with smoke pouring from the exhaust but i just deal with it.

hell i was pulled up tonight for an RBT the cops asked me if i had an engineers certificate for my mods i said yes would you like to check it. he said no thats fine. drive safe and have a good night.

so because i have an engineers certificate i didnt need to have my car gone over and i went off with no problem at all.

so i guess they do help. the cops are more likely to give you trouble if you cant prove things have been done legally.

Is it true that some people have gotten off technicalities like that???

For e.g. a friend was telling me his cousin was caught riding a restricted bike on his P's and on the fine notice the policeman wrote down a Yamaha instead of Suzuki. He took it to court, and argued the fact that if the policeman could not tell what bike it was how could he tell if its LAMS approved or not.

Would it work for the above :)