SAU Community

R34 Gtt Rims Painted Black

Ak34

Hi All,

I've got a White R34 Gtt with the standard 17" rims, and I'm thinking about painting them gloss black.

I haven't seen how those rims would look painted black, so if anyone can help me out with some pics, that would be great!

Cheers

these how mine looked

Thanks John, very nice 34 you got there. The rims look quite good in black with the centre cap taken out.

Would you have any pics from the side??

Cheers,

Kenny

thanks man. sorry didnt get many pics of it. have upgraded since then and sold my stockies. theres a few pics of r34 gtt rims sprayed black on sau though.

No worries man, thanks a lot for posting those pics, I'll go through the gallery sometime and see if I can find other pics.

Would you recommend painting them or should I save the $ and get a set of 18"s (Works or Volks in black) down the track instead?

No worries man, thanks a lot for posting those pics, I'll go through the gallery sometime and see if I can find other pics.

Would you recommend painting them or should I save the $ and get a set of 18"s (Works or Volks in black) down the track instead?

do it yourself dude quite nice and easy

1 x duct tape

1 x old newspaper

1 x can of primer

2/3 x cans of gloss black

1/2 x cans of clear coat

1 x free day

Yer thats what i want to do for my car, its silver though. Cheaper option while saving.

Do you really need the clear coat? I was goin to use etch primer an gloss black wheel paint.

Or is that no good?

Cheers

do it yourself dude quite nice and easy

1 x duct tape

1 x old newspaper

1 x can of primer

2/3 x cans of gloss black

1/2 x cans of clear coat

1 x free day

mmm...might give it a try...do i need to sand the wheel first?

Obviously not an R34, but its white. You'll at least get the idea of how awesome they look :D

The GTT rims looks quite good on the S15.

19's on a GTT would probably look better, but handling and tyre prices wise...18's would be the better option for me :stupid:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys, who here's done this? i'm thinking of doing it, how many coats should i spray on at each point and how long do i leave to dry in between coats?

with the end result, does it last long? or does it wear fairly quickly and u need to keep respraying it?

• 2 weeks later...