ARC airbox.

HKS Boost controller

HKS Turbo Timer

Since then have added:

80mm AFM with pod filters

Apexi Power FC with hand controller

Aluminium radiator

Oil cooler and filter relocation kit

Relocated battery to back floor.( Dont have friends that are game enough to get in the car with me lol)

Alcon 4 piston front brakes

New head with Type B cams and stronger valve springs

HICAS locked up, and all plumbing etc removed

A/C removed and all pipework

N1 Water pump

Have had a run of bad luck though, Water pump died and cooked head, new head installed and 3 weeks later threw rod out side of block at the hairpin at Symmons.

Bought long motor to put in, decided to do a monstor build on that motor, ran out of time before the start of my car club season so purchased a complete but wrote off car, put the motor in with my brand new head and fully rebuilt turbos only to find a had an idle problem. Spent some time chasing that problem and now the oil pressure has dropped. Havent even pulled the motor out as im that annoyed lol.

Will continue building my monstor motor and will put that in bout xmas time, fingers crossed.

So yeah, atm i am twiddling my thumbs and getting some other projects out of the way, finishing my car trailers( Which i dont need anymore as i dont have a car to

tow around lol and gathering up some money to finish off the new motor.

So far for the new motor i have:

Chemically cleaned and bored block 87mm

Venolia pistons

Eagle rods with ARP Bolts

ARP main stud kit

ARP head stud kit

Sump baffle( Am thinking bout getting an enlarged sump though, something around 8 litres or so)

ACL bearings

Brand new 33 crank

Rebuilt head with stainless valves and Type B cams

Ross Tuffbond balancer

Adjustable Cam gears

Only need to get a bigger oil pump and get my turbos checked and get the whole lot balanced and screw the thing together and im laughing.

Anyways, will keep you all posted

Pointa

First motor= 11.84 1/4mile, 328 RWKW, 1min 3 at symmons

Guesty, drive harder lol

Hey Michael, Damo here with the white gtr. good to see you took my advice anfd joined up, lot of info here and advice if you look, from seasoned drivers and builders. hope for ure sake you get things sorted with the gtr, see ya round. p.s mods should move this into the Tas introductions area for you.

Edited by madaz R33

Hey Michael, Damo here with the white gtr. good to see you took my advice anfd joined up, lot of info here and advice if you look, from seasoned drivers and builders. hope for ure sake you get things sorted with the gtr, see ya round. p.s mods should move this into the Tas introductions area for you.

Yeah cheers mate, still trying to work out how to put posts and stuff in the areas i want lol, will work it out eventually i spose

post-61423-1239573135_thumb.jpg

Dont let this happen to you, buy a sump baffle at the least, i shouldve built a decent motor the first time

Hi michael

Stuart here in l'ton,sorry to hear of your bad luck

people do warn about the exspence of gtr but we don't listen,i have had the same issues [so i know].

Hope mate you can now enjoy!!!

stuart

Good to see you got two real cars

The 32 and a two door Torana.

Pity its not a Hatch is all... :)

You heading down to the kart track in Smithton this weekend for a look??

Taking my GTR out for its maiden Australian track day. (The harness mounts etc kinda give away that it was raced in Japan ;) )

Alex with the grey gtr on 20s here, whos not game enough to come for a drive haha!?

HAHAHAHAHA, very funny mate, just you wait til i have it back on the road, i will be game then, especially if we put a decent wager on it ha ha ha

Good to see you got two real cars

The 32 and a two door Torana.

Pity its not a Hatch is all... :P

You heading down to the kart track in Smithton this weekend for a look??

Taking my GTR out for its maiden Australian track day. (The harness mounts etc kinda give away that it was raced in Japan :cool: )

Yeah got 2 real cars, the 2 door torana is my baby, the 32 is just my bitch hahaha.

There is something a bit sentimental about 2 door LJ's, i think its got something to do with them beating GT falcons at bathurst, call them the underdog if you like :P

What day is the kart track day? Wouldnt mind going for a look but i got a fair bit on my plate atm, if i do go it will only be for a few hours,

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mate, good to see your finally on the forums and was good to catch up with you today. thanks for bringing those bits down for me, will have to cruise up to the workshop some time and see how yours is going.