SAU Community

Wont Rev Past 2500

hi having trouble with my rb25det, last night decided it wouldnt rev past 2500 jsut coughs and wont actually go past 2500, idles fine, but its blowing lots of fuel out the back

plugs new and gapped at .9 they have been in and running for over a week with no troubles, have tried a mates afm that made no difference,

any ideas on problem, thanks rusty

hi having trouble with my rb25det, last night decided it wouldnt rev past 2500 jsut coughs and wont actually go past 2500, idles fine, but its blowing lots of fuel out the back

plugs new and gapped at .9 they have been in and running for over a week with no troubles, have tried a mates afm that made no difference,

any ideas on problem, thanks rusty

one of your intercooler pipes has come off.

yeah same sort of feeling as a popped cooler pipe but they are all fine, car starts fine warm cold as normal idles fine, revs smooth till 2200 start playing up a bit then by 2500 its just dead, cars fairly stock, stock computer, fmic full exhaust turbo back stock turbo , fresh engine 15000thou ago, its like its rich and retarding really low in revs?

i had a popped cooler pipe that didnt make a diff think boost when to kick in but anyway, dats not his prob.. but do a diagnostic test and see what happens. maybe chuck it on a dyno and seif it is r&r. let us know wat happens wit either one..

i having similar prob at 3000rpm but only when its warm.

ok, checked the afm with a known well working one no difference, pulled the computer out,replaced, forgot to mention it has a piggy backed safc neo, this morning went to drive to mechanic, was fine, totally normal so stuff knows what it was, have myself a power fc to get rid of the piggy back hoping this will fix the problem once and for all

The 2500 RPM rev cut is due to limp home mode and is caused by a faulty AFM signal. When you had the SAFC fitted you would have cut the AFM signal wire to the ECU and installed the piggy back to fudge the AFM signal. I would be checking you SAFC wiring if no problem there then the SAFC is playing up. Limp home can also be caused by a AFM signal that is out of range.

Edited by D_Stirls