SAU Community

Looking For 1st Car Suggestions

Hi guys.

Just came here looking for some decent suggestions on P-Plate legal cars. I want something that looks nice and has a bit of grunt too for around the $10k mark. I've been looking at N/A R32's and new model Preludes, but I'm really unsure.

Thanks guys.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys.

Just came here looking for some decent suggestions on P-Plate legal cars. I want something that looks nice and has a bit of grunt too for around the $10k mark. I've been looking at N/A R32's and new model Preludes, but I'm really unsure.

Thanks guys.

NA R32's are very, very rare, and of the few that you'll find they'll be in such poor condition it's not worth it.

R33 NA's are everywhere, and perfect for your price range.

You'll also find NA 300zx's, NA S13s, older Impreza's, Soarers, Beamers, and as you mentioned Preludes.

Personally, R33's are an awesome first car, and probably the most reliable of above mentioned.

Hi guys.

Thanks guys.

http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Fun_P_plate_legal_cars

That list is a little dated, so the prices are going to be slightly cheaper.

Go a VRX (manual only) pick one up for under 10k, great on fuel, stick to the road like a cracky to his stash and they'll put down most commodores and falcons.

p1030778.jpg

Edited by JarRah

Get a corolla... zippy and awesome on fuel.

They are zippy and good on fuel and you'll never find a more reliable car. But at the same time I've never liked small cars, they always seem to be working hard. I've always prefered to lazy torque of a six, driving up to sydney feels so good to be able to just reach 80, put it in 5th and the car just pulls itself up the hill (coming from Wollongong). But at the same time nothing makes you feel more like a rally driver than having a 2litre four screaming while going through the twisties.

Edited by JarRah

R31 5 speed. quick enough for 1st car, fun, tons of parts, cheap as chips....

Who needs a 10k first car?

R31 - 1500

Minispool - 100

advance timing, good service etc

Hours of fun for the whole family :)

Your 1st car needs to be something cheap you'll never forget, be a load of fun & that wont send you broke if you wack it.

My answer to your question is the following:

Series 3 Manual R31 GXE Wagon with:

-4:11's

-H/D Clutch

-Minispool

-Shortened shocks with custom stiff springs

-BBS 17s all round

-30mm bolt on spaces with bolt on flared guards

-Mattress in the back for your mrs/random girls :)

I had a similar setup VN wagon, and it will be one car il never forget. ;)

Edited by Dean_HR31

They are some seriously boring suggestions for a first car... lol

Take my advice & ull have stories to tell the kids one day lol

The corolla is a boring idea, the SSS is pretty good. Otherwise he could just find a VP commodore slap some stockies on the rear and save the other $7000 for the diff replacements and traffic fines.

You dont need a mattress in the back of wagon for ya missus or ya best mates little sister there are many places you can go for that sort of thing.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll start looking around at all of them, and see what's available on carsales etc.

i will have a n/a r32 up for sale soon once i fix up the paint a little and get off my ps it will be in pretty good condition.

And throw some pics up mate so I can have a look see. That'd be great.

Also, keep the suggestions coming guys.

Thanks.