SAU Community

Question About Apexi Power Fc

quick 33

hey people i just got a quick question ? , iv got a r33 series 1 and iv had the chance to buy a apexi power fc that is coming out of a series 2 and i was wondering if it can be remaped to suit my series 1 and if so can it also be set back to defalt for a retune ?

can someone help me please ;-)

It will work with no problems at all. As long as its for the same make "R33" (and the same engine) e.g. RB25DET and the car is Manual.

Also, you can reset the tune easily from the menu. Will need a tuner to retune for your mods down the track if you require.

Chris

^^^^

what he said. the instal is as simple as unplugging your ecu and plugging the power fc in. then would recommend taking it to a workshop and getting it tuned for your car

^^^^

what he said. the instal is as simple as unplugging your ecu and plugging the power fc in. then would recommend taking it to a workshop and getting it tuned for your car

Disconnect the negative terminal on your battery before you f**k around with the ECU.

Im pretty sure s1 and s2 computers are different, got to do with ignitor and coilpacks being different. Check with an online parts supplier like nengun ect and see if theres different part number for the PFC ecus.

Actually Mark Apexi used to have two different model numbers for the Apexi PFC for the S1 & S2...

However on closer inspection they were infact the same unit...

They made two different model numbers on their list to reduce the number of enquires from people asking if there were specific ecu's for the S1 & S2...

Hence the cause of this common question or assumption that there are two units in the standard pfc for the R33 (rb25det models)...

They would have been better off just changing the product description to say "suits S1 & S2" which is what they did in the end...

Bit of usless knowledge for ya...!

Haha..was getting a little worried. Allot of noise about nothing!!! Happy i was still correct! :P

ok nice so i found out that it is coming out of an r33 rb25det 5 speed manual ( the same as mine ) but i also found out the that the car its comming out of is heavly moded ( he used to race it )

so will the tune thats in the pfc @ the moment get me to the tuner without breaking anything cause even though my cars moded its nothing like the car its comming out of ?????

thanks.

ok nice so i found out that it is coming out of an r33 rb25det 5 speed manual ( the same as mine ) but i also found out the that the car its comming out of is heavly moded ( he used to race it )

so will the tune thats in the pfc @ the moment get me to the tuner without breaking anything cause even though my cars moded its nothing like the car its comming out of ?????

thanks.

Thanks for your question. Happy to help.

When the PFC comes out of the "heavily modified" car, I would suggest you don't install this, as it would be using the same tune. (which could be dangerous if he's got increased timing, cam adjustments, injector duty etc).

Your best idea would be to take the PFC with you to your tuner and get him to install it...Takes around 5 minutes max. Very easy.

He (or she), will be able to do this for you.

Also, for my info....where are you looking to tune? My money is on Matty Spry.

Cheers and good luck.

Chris

Thanks for your question. Happy to help.

When the PFC comes out of the "heavily modified" car, I would suggest you don't install this, as it would be using the same tune. (which could be dangerous if he's got increased timing, cam adjustments, injector duty etc).

Your best idea would be to take the PFC with you to your tuner and get him to install it...Takes around 5 minutes max. Very easy.

He (or she), will be able to do this for you.

Also, for my info....where are you looking to tune? My money is on Matty Spry.

Cheers and good luck.

Chris

im actually in maryborough QLD ( so just down the road for you) and i was thinking of taking it to Brad Smith in hervey bay , he tuned my first r33 i had and it was moded to the hilt and he did a pretty good job of it unless you no of some one in my area that is better ?

thanks.

it depends on how different the set up on the other car is to yours? mainly injector sizing.. as your only planning on driving to the tuner and not racing it lol. however if it was my car or one i was working on i'd reset the power fc to the base map just to be safe. depending on if your running bigger injectors u'll need to trim that down then it should run fine.

the far safe option is to just drive the car to the shop and install the pfc there. it only takes about 30 seconds. remove kick pannel, unplug computer, plug pfc in. done. why drive it untuned when it's far simpler just to drive the car with the stock computer and do it at the workshop

the far safe option is to just drive the car to the shop and install the pfc there. it only takes about 30 seconds. remove kick pannel, unplug computer, plug pfc in. done. why drive it untuned when it's far simpler just to drive the car with the stock computer and do it at the workshop

might have larger than standard injectors, z32 afm?

might have larger than standard injectors, z32 afm?

???

but he has a computer that is running his current setup... so keep the current computer... ahh forget it.