SAU Community

Ride Height

_Ryan_

Hey all

Can anyone tell me the standard ride height(Centre of Wheel to Guard Measurement in MM front and rear)?

Need the height of a standard RSFour for reference when looking into custom springs...

Also, if i organise a group-buy of springs to bring you too around 345MM front and rear, 6-7KG front, 5-6kg rear, does this sound about right?

I am currently at 365MM front/rear, and it looks that bit too high, but too much lower would be impossible to drive every day in my area...

These springs would be a direct drop in for stock shocks, or aftermarket with a fixed springs perch(or bilsteins etc), allowing you to lower your car as with any other off the shelf lowering springs.

The Whiteline springs are too soft for my liking, and this will be an alternative to going the "coilover" style spring perchs so you can get eibach springs, so that is 1k there... So trying to do the similar thing for not much more than Tein/Whiteline springs.

Also, the measurement front the centre of the eye to the base of the strut top of a standard strut front/rear would come in handy, also centre of mounting eye -> top of the spring perch.

Cheers,

Ryan

Brand Rate % Increase

Standard: 2.9/3.1 165/175

Whiteline/Tein: 3.1/3.8 6.8% 22%

Nismo: 3.8/4.4 31% 42%

Planned: 6/5 100% 85%

Once springs are sorted I will be getting my bilsteins valved to suit, and will post the recommended specs for those ordering bilteins etc, so as they can specify the valving to suit the springs pre-delivery.

Edited by Ryan1600

Here are my standard heights:

Front 395mm Rear 372mm

My current heights:

Front 350mm Rear 360mm

I have been toying with the idea of going lower still as I still have plenty of ground clearance (100mm legal minimum) but although it would be better for the track I think it would unacceptably degrade the ride quality for street use and its already a bit harder than I would like. I have Bilsteins (they are labelled Nismo but are definitely Bilsteins either made under licence or made for Nismo by Bilstein) and Tein Springs ($300 new). I wrote down the numbers of the Tein Springs and will try to dig them out.

Here are my standard heights:

Front 395mm Rear 372mm

My current heights:

Front 360mm Rear 350mm

I have been toying with the idea of going lower still as I still have plenty of ground clearance (100mm legal minimum) but although it would be better for the track I think it would unacceptably degrade the ride quality for street use and its already a bit harder than I would like. I have Bilsteins (they are labelled Nismo but are definitely Bilsteins either made under licence or made for Nismo by Bilstein) and Tein Springs ($300 new). I wrote down the numbers on the Tein Springs and will try to dig them out.

Thanks Robert,

360/350 could be made, i too am iffy on going lower, but everyone says my car looks too high!

The rear end needs to be slightly stiffer on mine, and the front needs to be a fair bit stiffer too, then the valving to match, the front end feels under-sprung, especially when pitching/rolling through the hills.

The rates i stated are pretty much the same as the eibachs many are using.

Edited by Ryan1600

OK my Teins are:

Front: F-SIN78-010311 HCC

Rear: R-SIN79-010382 HCC

I would be interested if anyone has a rating for these as i haven't been able to find it yet.

BTW my WGNC34 specific Bilsteins are labelled:

Front: 56110-RSC45 ENP Nismo Japan

Rear: 53210 RSC45 ENP Nismo Japan

JUST EDITED MY FIRST POST - GOT IT THE WRONG WAY ROUND: FRONT IS 350 AND REAR IS 360mm

[Just looking at my Tein part numbers and comparing them with your ratings maybe the last three digits are the rating which would line up with your figures of 3.1 and 3.8. If so then i wouldn't be looking for harder springs - I spend 12 hours a night driving trucks and want a bit of comfort from my car! Also for the track I have a set of 16in R32 GTR rims with semi slicks so my car sits a fraction lower again anyway.]

Thanks Robert,

360/350 could be made, i too am iffy on going lower, but everyone says my car looks too high!

The rear end needs to be slightly stiffer on mine, and the front needs to be a fair bit stiffer too, then the valving to match, the front end feels under-sprung, especially when pitching/rolling through the hills.

The rates i stated are pretty much the same as the eibachs many are using.

Have you got a heavier anti-roll (sway) bar? They make a huge improvement in cornering going from a 20mm hollow bar to 24mm solid bar :BNR11XX24mm (but the front one seemed to make stuff all difference so I won't bother replacing the $360 bar destroyed in the crash).

Have you got a heavier anti-roll (sway) bar? They make a huge improvement in cornering going from a 20mm hollow bar to 24mm solid bar :BNR11XX24mm (but the front one seemed to make stuff all difference so I won't bother replacing the $360 bar destroyed in the crash).

yup i do